I Forge Iron

Thomas Powers ICU

TWISTEDWILLOW

I wasn't thinking of the blade at 90* unless someone surprised you. I'm glad to say I've never used one in a war zone, the Boy Scouts was much more relaxed but mine dug much better in the 90* position. Even if it had a D handle.  

I'm in favor of minion crew served weaponry too Thomas, say looooong range artillery, maybe the Missouri or a guided missile cruiser. Long distance IS better than being there.

Frosty The Lucky.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re crew served weapons:  When a weapon description says "man portable" they never say how many men.  Ususally, it is at least one more than what is available.

I am SO glad to see you posting again, Thomas.  This is the best holiday gift I can imagine.  Better than a new anvil or a suprise 100# Little Giant being installed in my shop while I wasn't looking.

GNM

HFC? There are worse things than soft boiled eggs and a E. muffin. Your memory of what a hospital can do to a soft boiled egg is too fresh.

Ever have a Jimmy Dean breakfast bowl? They're pretty tasty for being fast and easy nuke food. They run about 480 calories and jazz up nicely with a little hot sauce, lemon juice, malt vinegar (my favorite) and pepper. They're good enough as is but I like a little zip. The carbs are reasonable, eggs, or bacon unless you can find the ham version, all I can find are the "meat lovers" which is bacon and sausage, I'm not fond of the bacon it can be hard and chewy. Anyway, eggs, potatoes, meat and cheese, reasonably low fat and high protein.

I eat them regularly as I rarely sleep later than 4am and don't want to stand in the kitchen cooking before I'm actually up. Its not like when I was working and my morning routine got all the wheels turning while I took care of business. Cereal is too carb heavy, a slice of toast & peanut butter isn't too carby but doesn't last till lunch.

Ah, I'm not going to do long post about better nuke foods with an eye to being diabetic, hopefully there's someplace close you can get real food.

Keep up the good fight.

Frosty The Lucky.

Ah, thanks John. I have nothing against . . . HFC but sugar is sugar is sugar, our pancreas and bodies don't care about the origin and for folks on manual control sugar is an issue. Unfortunately we've evolved to reflexively respond in the positive to high value foods and sugar is near the top just like fat. If you're living off what seeds and bugs you can find any high calorie or fat food sings to our survival instinct. 

That instinct still lives in us and marketing takes advantage, look how much sugar and salt are in every danged thing. Yeah, salt is absolutely necessary, go completely salt free and die before very long.

Frosty The Lucky.

Breakfast burritos are good for the DIY'er.  We make a bunch at one time and freeze them.  Best thing is, you can add any ingredients you like or suit your diet.  I use eggs, monteray jack cheese, brkfst sausage, jalepenos and onions.  Thaw one in the fridge the night before and nuke in the morning.

And there was much rejoicing among the minions.

Hear me now and know it is True. Thomas has received the 10 cuts from the gamma knife (radiation treatment) and is working his way away from the hospital. There are still hurdles and challenges ahead but this is major progress. There could be more treatment after the holidays but for now he will get to spend time away form the doctors and with his family. :)

His home is ready for him and with luck (and approved supervision) he will return to his shop soon.

The anvils await his gentle touch, the forge waits for his command, the hammers stand ready for his direction, and the minions cry out in joy (terror) as he reviews what they did while he was away.

Thom, Student to Thomas, A guarded but optimistic minion that is happy we got this far, and looking forward to visiting his house, with him there, some day soon but not yet.