I Forge Iron

Prayers for my dying father

JHCC

Dear Friends,

It is my reluctant duty to pass on to you the sad news that my father Bill Congdon is in his final days. After years of illness and failing health, he has suffered complications from surgery, and my brother Bill, Bill’s wife Mari, my wife Lisa, and I have accepted the fact that further treatment would merely prolong his life with little hope of any meaningful recovery. He is now transitioning into palliative care so that he can die as free as possible from discomfort and anxiety.

In whatever way is appropriate for your own beliefs, traditions, or practices, please remember, pray for, or hold up my father as his death approaches. 

With much thanks and love,
John

Sorrowful news,

Marg and I,

Have added your father to our list of intentions  and  prayers

May the coming days be filled with sorrow at the loss of a loved one.  But please remember the good, caring, and legacy that your father  did in his life time.  

May we all meet our departed loved ones at the time of our passing.

SLAG.

Hard news John. Your Father, you and yours are in my prayers. I wish I had something to say that'd ease this but I don't and I won't talk about my Father or Mother's passing. Being able to be with them is a good thing.

Be well Brother.

Dear Friends, 

My father William Hooper Caffey Congdon (Bill) died this afternoon shortly after 3PM local time in Victoria, Texas. He was attended by my brother Bill, my sister-in-law Mari, and friends, accompanied by prayers and the Mozart Clarinet Quintet. It was a peaceful death, without pain or suffering, and he had received the final sacraments of the Orthodox Church. 

Thank you to everyone who has shared their love and prayers over the last few days as his death approached. The sadness of his passing has been tempered by the knowledge of how much of a difference he made in the lives of so many. Although his earthly life has ended, that good work lives on in us. 

May his memory be eternal. 

Much love,
John

Sorry for your loss, but he is at the beginning of something new. I will raise a glass to his memory and to see him off on the next part of his journey. May you and your family cherish his name and keep his memory close to your heart..

Pnut