I Forge Iron

Thomas Powers

ThomasPowers

I didn't want to make a big thing over it; but I guess I should share some of the details.

I am male, over 60, and getting a typical surgical procedure for my gender and age Tuesday May 9th, I should be back to the casita May 10th and be off work about 2 months. No lifting a hammer for at least a month! (or alcohol, caffeine, spicy foods and a whole lot of other things I dote on...hence the enhanced grumpiness expected.) This is a common and standard  procedure, I have an experienced Dr and I expect that save for slower healing due to the diabetes I will get through this with no issues.  Warning I *will* be reading a lot of books on historical metals processes---time to add me to your "don't see" list *now*!

Once I get clearance to travel my wife is taking me up north to our house that doesn't have internet. I will also undergo testing at the epilepsy clinic in Albuquerque late in my recovery period to hopefully figure out why I had the 4 syncopes last year that resulted in the TBI. (and get me clearance to drive!!!)

No my insurance company is not happy with me right now. (and vice versa!)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marg & I have added you to our prayer and intentions list.

SLAG.

p.s  Lacking a liberal arts degree, I do not fully understand your literary allusion to  Mr. J. Wayne's statement, in "Big Jake The Optometrist" (or ophthalmologist as the case may be).

Enlightenment would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Well in the movie "Big Jake"  Big Jake, played by John Wayne, is called in after some bad guys kidnap his grandson. He's aging but assembles a group to go and get him back. In one scene he's talking with his old indian scout who complains his eyes are not up to using a gun anymore; so Big Jake hands him a shotgun instead...So if I'm being missed perhaps it's time for an eye check or switching to a scattergun...

3 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Ifn you are missing me; perhaps you should look into John Wayne's gun suggestions in "Big Jake"---or visit the optometrist...said Thomas ducking and running serpentine....

I love John Wayne...remember it well.

Oh yeah, I'm going to mute your posts  as soon as I see an uptick in your curmudgeonliness 'cause you are the meanest man I have ever "met": 

In our prayers, brother, and especially those who must care for you in your state of enhanced crabbiness.

Robert and Sheila Taylor

If you're going serpentine, stand closer to the toilet Thomas or the missus might insert a catheter while you're not looking. 

You aren't REALLY SERIOUS about being off line are you?! :o What are we going to do for historical references?

Best outcome and quick healing for the Root Routering. You DO know that's not what they mean by "getting a little trim" in the movies. Yes?

Jer

Herr Frosty,

Concerning,

"If you're going serpentine, stand closer to the toilet Thomas or the missus might insert a catheter while you're not looking."

I suggest a colostomy bag and attendant accouterments & fixtures, instead.

Using a catheter brings the allusion of trying to pass an olive through a syringe.

Just sayyin'

SLAG.

Back before the internet days you were unlikely to be able to watch multiple videos of the horrors soon to be inflicted on you...

You know I have a falconette that could fire ball peen hammer heads and the eye holes might make for an interesting whistling sound.  I may have to drag it out to the arroyo and try that out, grumble grumble grumble MONTHS from now...

What no propane burner allusions????  

(and Alan, yup, I expect to exceed expectations on the wall soon. Good to hear his went well!)

On May 1, 2017 at 5:50 PM, SLAG said:

"If you're going serpentine, stand closer to the toilet Thomas or the missus might insert a catheter while you're not looking."

I suggest a colostomy bag and attendant accouterments & fixtures, instead.

Using a catheter brings the allusion of trying to pass an olive through a syringe.

Just sayin'

Uh huh, that's why I suggested being careful not to make Mrs. Powers unhappy enough to catheterize him. If I'm feeling peeved I might suggest a diaper and superglue to her instead.

I'm pretty sure this little episode will stop short of needing a colostomy bag. Then again a curmudgeon might convince a surgeon otherwise without intending. Some nurses deserve going curmudgeon on, I had one I had to tell the hospital to not send her to my room. She was just rough for no good reason like we were injured and in need of care just to get even with her. 

I trust Thomas's sense of self preservation though so I'll joke.

Frosty The Lucky.