I Forge Iron

Show me your blacksmith pets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JHCC, are they both altered               (spayed or neutered)?  If so and they're both socialized well you shouldn't have a problem. The socialization is more important than being fixed in my experience but it helps.

Frosty, Dachshunds are some of the best vermin dogs around. They have no fear.They'll charge straight down a burrow without hesitation.  Brave  tenacious little guys.

Pnut

On 10/31/2019 at 4:01 AM, pnut said:

Dachshunds are some of the best vermin dogs around. They have no fear.They'll charge straight down a burrow without hesitation.  Brave  tenacious little guys.

A truer thing hasn't been said. It's one thing to read about and know intellectually that Dachshunds were bred to hunt badger: track, chase to ground, hold in place till the hunter arrives then go down the burrow and chase the badger out for the kill and something else entirely to live with that level of unrelenting crazy brave. Oddly enough Baxter tracks like you wouldn't believe, he's a "K9 Nosework" rock star but doesn't have much of a prey drive. Ronnie our 18 month old little girl is the epitome of Dachshund hunter killer. She's rapidly becoming a known "Barn Hunt" Rockstar.

The video is NOT one of ours but it's as good an example of Dachshund crazy brave as I've seen. It could be Ronnie but it's not.

https://youtu.be/wN0-vN1P66M

Frosty The Lucky.

I have a dachshund/ Beagle/Australian shepherd/ pit bull mix. Yep you read that right. She looks mostly like a Doxie. The other two dogs are much bigger then her, but she rules the roost. She has cherry eye in both eyes and her back legs are stiff. She drug herself when she was a puppy. I didn't think she'd ever be able to walk. But she learned to walk and run. She looks like a rabbit hopping in her hindquarters. They did an ex ray at the vet's once and discovered her hip bones don't connect to her legs. They just float. The muscles in her hind legs make them look like a chicken leg. She's an amazing example of how animals don't know how to feel sorry for themselves and overcome whatever is stacked against them. 

20191101_115236.jpg