I Forge Iron

Show me your blacksmith pets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man can I ever relate to that, Billy.  We lost our Chocolate Pomeranian 3 years ago this past July 5th and I still miss my little "popcorn buddy" on a daily basis, but especially when I sit down to my nightly bowl of popcorn. :( RIP Coco.

p3628887938-4.jpg

Chris

IDF&C, John:  I identify with how hard this is. I think I'll ring my anvil with a chew toy and remember my past dogs and cats with you. Michael, Daisy and my passed friends will be waiting for us at the rainbow bridge come our time. 

Are you going to get Axle a puppy, maybe after a little time for the hurt to ease? 

I think I'm going to sit and think a while now.

Frosty The Lucky.

I know what you mean, Frosty.  I made a bowl of popcorn this evening and went out to Coco's resting spot and put some on the mound for him.  I always remember the good times.  That little guy, with his short legs, took a 7 mile hike up a dusty mountain trail in Colorado in his younger days (about the time of that picture) and he never once asked to be picked up.  Fun to watch him trot up and down the trail.........with the little wife and I huffin' and puffin' behind him.  :lol:  I'm sure the squirrels and birds thank me for the popcorm, but it makes me smile when I look the next day and all the kernels are gone.  Sure hope he's waitin' for me when my time comes.

Chris

My old lady has my dogs grave all decked out. Lights and spinning yard things and little statues, etc. I would take him some snackies every once in a while but we have enough stray cats as it is. I do take him a drink of beer every once in a while. His place was on the porch drinking beer with me every evening. 

There are about a bajillion different kinds of chickens I think. He's pretty whatever he may be:) My rooster nearly became chicken and dumplings a few months back. He decided he would try to flog me when I'd go in to feed. He hit my leg so hard once, it felt like a hot nail. When I took off my muck boots, I found blood dripping down a hole in my leg and a huge bruise. It left a hole in my boot. Normally, that would be the end of the road for a rooster, but he and I came to an understanding after a few confrontations... Now, he will eat out of my hand and he looks after his hens very well. 

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a picture of my buddy Basil Bob. He seems to have adopted me. I think he's more dog than cat though. He comes when I call him and he follows me around if I'm outside. I can't bring him in though. The landlord says," No pets."   He even hangs out while I'm beating on hot metal. All in all he's an all right guy once you get to know him.

Pnut

IMG_20191020_092940.thumb.jpg.ae12fb08405fdc163cda286b06e8e3be.jpg

I don't know if this counts:

deer_supervisor.jpg.2aee1141db3db7d76557661711585b37.jpg

This is my "Yes Deer" in my shop. (I'm the "Yes Dear" in my house!)

It's time to start setting mouse traps as they start seeking winter quarters. I'd put a cat door in for the local barn cats save for the nice soft sandy floor in my shop...

(Bought the mount for $5 for the antlers as future knife handles.)

Basil Bob, do you say it with an English accent and a short "a" sound? 

Had a cat adopt me once. When me and my ex-wife split and i left, he hung out about 3 more days then he hit the road also. Basil kind of looks like him but that was many years ago.

The one piece of advice i give to all the young lads i have known is that to get along with the old lady learn 2 words, "yes dear". My old lady hates it when i say it, but hey, same results. She quits pestering me about something i said yes dear to 6 months ago. ;)

20 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

This is my "Yes Deer" in my shop. (I'm the "Yes Dear" in my house!)

Thomas, you really need to hang a sign on that buck's neck that says "Yes, Deer" (only if your other half doesn't frequent the shop often, LOL)