I Forge Iron

Show me your blacksmith pets

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lola and Benjamin stopped by the home office the other day to see if I needed any help.

6DF23814-2551-4DFC-852E-D52101E373D8.jpeg

And the next day in the kitchen to see if I would be willing to share my breakfast.

8153FD02-1C4C-4196-B833-346D13FE322C.jpeg

(And yes, they're brother and sister.)

My heart's with you Les, it's the hard part of the deal. Thank you for doing right him. Going to get your dog a new cat? I like to let them get over the immediate sense of loss first, I've heard of some critters feeling resentful of the new comer. Maybe blaming their loss on the new family member? 

Milo looks like he's waiting for you to throw a stick, Kevin. I'm betting he'd REALLY rather go for a swim. Good looking boy.

Frosty The Lucky.

Kevin; London Ohio; or London Texas; or London Oregon; or London Canada; or London UK?  The location makes it easier to suggest local resources; like London Ohio is quite close to SOFA and Quad-State;  where I would suggest CanIRON if you were in Canada, etc.

Have had a couple good friends. The first in brown-is my buddy rico... I to this day credit him with saving my life, he would not let me sink into my own worst PTSD after returning from iraq. Goofy and loveable and smart all in one tough little bundle. I lost him in 2015, and still miss him.

The little white holy terror I currently have is Stewart little. He's crazy, runs like the wind, and has so far destroyed half the socks I own. Goofy, fierce, and loveable yes... but stubborn.... gah.

The blonde was the other lady in my life... blue. She was the only one who actually was my dog... she used to sleep between the wife and I, and push her away with her paws. Lost her in 2016.

My wife is Mexican, and loves chihuahuas. I love not having to pick up huge messes in my yard.:D

IMG032-1.jpg

20200427_210958.jpg

IMAG0660.jpg

On March 8 2018 the first pet on page 1 followed us home. His name is Axle. Here he is 2 years later after chasing a chipmunk all over the place, one of his favorite activities. He usually can't catch them but this one was not so lucky, he looks like he had to dig it out of a burrow. Just before bath time.:)

100_2114-1.thumb.jpg.cfd99c08b11eb175152eb12eb7c7aaeb.jpg

Welsh, i chewed a little of that sand myself and know what it means to have a friend as loyal as that by your side. Mine, Ziggy a big goofy mut, passed over December 28, 2018. I still miss him dearly. Thank you for the service and stay strong brother. 

IDF&C, i think i could brush scale off with that fur. :D

• 3 weeks later...

my forge is next to my chicken coop and so the chicken sometimes come and peck at pieces of metal that I cut off or try and drink out of my bucket of water to cool of metal while i'm grinding.

I swear some day I'm going to be carrying some red hot steel and accidentally poke one with it and make the whole area smell like kfc 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Saw two different blacksnakes, one inside the shop, one outside the shop, both about 30 inches long and about the size of 1 inch pipe or larger.  Both were told to stand watch and keep the shop clear of mice.  I walked on past.

My big tough cat, Yamaha. One of the sweetest and most loving cats I've ever seen. Sometimes so loving he won't let me work until I've snuggled and lots of face rubbing (he loves the beard-brush). He'll get upset if I don't take the time to greet with intense affection. We had roof rats, they're all gone now. Got moles, I've shown him and he's brought me several he caught. Almost daily there is a rodent left on the doormat to show he's earning his keep. xxxx fine example of feline impeccably!

20200514_203454~2.jpg

Hahaha! He's a bruiser, neighbors cat from over a quarter mile away comes over every day to pick a fight. Neighbor says her cats face is really messed up...well he did come quite a ways to our yard to get beat up good. Mine I guess scared the other pretty good and got urinated on! The pic is him after the bath.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thomas,

My wife, Madelynn, says to tell you that she used to have a cat that lived for about 3 years on a daily insulin shot administered by her 8th or 9th grade daughter.  They did have to adjust the dosage and amount of food he got.  If Morticia is heavy you may need to get her weight down.  He lived to the ripe old age of 16.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand." 

Right now Morticia is very thin---one of the reasons we suspected something was wrong.  Gomez has put on a bit of weight though; he was a pound heavier at his checkup this year. 

If my job is cut we will have trouble paying for my insulin.  Helps to have a Vet in the family---that interned with the local Vets down here.

This is Jango and Checker, Jango is pulling the *old yawn and casually slip the arm around her shoulder* move seen among timid youths in movie theaters. Smooth. They're good'ns. Checker doesn't really like people, but i forgive her because she was a stray and she has a nice face. Jango is a big doofus. He doesn't mind  getting all the attention.

484890504_IMG_2020-02-27_18-39-391.thumb.jpeg.2f4fe0466861ec8b9ff6a11318f4fd28.jpeg

I recognize Checker's happy face. 

Damascus is being her typical self, I opened the laptop, leaned forward to start typing and she's laying half on one knee and inspecting the keyboard. Purring like a motorboat in victory. 

Frosty The Lucky.