I Forge Iron

How did you find IFI?

beech

So does anyone care to share how they found out about or got involved with IFI?

I had heard about it but forgot until I was trying to find information about getting my Canedy Otto forge blower back in working order, and found a thread about it here through a google search. From there I started reading it on and off for months, before I finally joined.

I had taken a 6 week class (2 hrs per week) at a local historic site, and found a rivet forge on CL. I asked about it at a builders forum I was involved in, and one of the guys referred me to IFI. The rest is history.

Steve

I was trying to get back into smithing after a long hiatus and found IFI through a google search for coffee-can forges. Once I learned how to do my research before asking dumb questions or reinventing the square wheel, everything has gone very well. 

I was tolling the internet looking for Blacksmithing places and IFI popped up, I spent an hr. looking through the site and joined to see more that night.  over 3 yrs ago now enjoyed every time I've been on and have met many neat people here.  Unless I'm in the bush away from electricity and internet I check it a couple times a day.  Most educational place I have found.

I was looking for a simple forge build that did not involve brake drums and stumbled on a long rant from an ex member on some random forum, badmouthing everyone and their dog. I was bemused and thought if they got rid of him, then it must be a good place :)

IIRC IFI got mentioned on another forum or maybe email list I used to haunt, I took a look and here I am. I don't hang on other fora since the accident, I have enough trouble keeping track of what's going on here.

Frosty The Lucky.

I was kidnapped from Anvil-fire and they kept me chained in the cellar to pump the bellows for Glenn.... I tried to get away ... didnt work, I could not get away, and then finally Stockholm Syndrome set in and now I am a lifer

Can't really remember. It was a  while ago. I think I was googling for some blacksmith project ideas and the site popped up. I'm glad it did, as I have learned a lot and have hopefully shared a few ideas too.

17 minutes ago, ausfire said:

I'm glad it did, as I have learned a lot and have hopefully shared a few ideas too.

Aus you have inspired me and many others. Shared ideas and inspired. Thank you, and everyone else here. 

Myself, I found IFI through searches while trying to improve my blacksmithing and found so much more then the pinpoint idea I was looking for.