I Forge Iron

Show me your Bottle Openers!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great looking bottle openers; though I will admit to a preference to keeping pointy spiky things away from folks enjoying adult beverages.  I've seen folks damage themselves in amazing ways in those situations,,,.spent way too many hours away from parties sitting in the ER with friends...

On 3/29/2019 at 3:53 PM, MiddleMesaMetals said:

Here's one of mine. I got the inspiration for them while enjoying a Bass Ale, and I tell buyers that even if they drink like a fish, they won't wear one out. I usually start off with 4 or 5 inches of 1/4 x 1, and I like to drill them at the nose so they can be used as a key fob.

I LOVE it, the guy living in the desert :unsure: makes fish bottle openers with a NOSTRIL!  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 

It's a great bottle opener I like it a lot I do, seriously. But . . . . NOSTRIL? Oh please, my sides are hurting!

Frosty The Lucky

Here's a 4 way opener I made. Started as an eyed opener, but the eye broke so I made it into something better. I only took pics of 3 ways it opens, but the recipient showed me a 4th. The finger fulcrum method with the base.

2135231954_IMG_20190403_1910100292.thumb.jpg.648bf5d4447777f0e0b481bdc2637d3a.jpg

2015974626_IMG_20190403_1909368732.thumb.jpg.09c818257a8423f658172fa0a72b0d64.jpg

IMG_20190403_190924498.thumb.jpg.3486133c5147fbf476cbc43a2d799185.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a pair of very quick bottle openers from scrap. The sort of thing you do at the end of a demo when you have a few spare moments and the forge is cooling down.

One is a recycled 25mm offset spanner. This meant the head had to be slightly offset, too. The other is a pretty robust opener made form a spring shackle. Easy and quick, but they still seem to sell. Cheaply of course.

DSC_0387.JPG

My siblings and I are taking our dad on his dream fishing charter next week down in the Florida Keys.  I knocked these out to give to the charter crews along with their tips.  Would've been a lot cleaner if I had time to attempt forge welding, but i can say they all work.

20190427_145851.thumb.jpg.4f9e7d821ae267353fe00024809872c4.jpg

The deck hands are going to LOVE you HojPoj!  Maybe make a couple/few openers in the theme that screw to a counter edge or such for the boat captain. You'll be selling these things fast as you can make them.

Frosty The Lucky.

Welcome aboard asterisk, glad to have you. Nice set, did you fry or grill your friend? 

I agree with putting the bottle opener on the spatula, it prevents folk who've been imbibing from waving the fork around trying to open their . . . ?th. beer. 

Frosty The Lucky.

I made this one for my wife as a slightly belated birthday present. I don’t know if I would call it brave or stupid, but  may have engraved a certain number into the handle. Being very witty she flipped it around and said it was cool I engraved the initials for the State it was made in. 

55113825-2582-4ECA-BFC0-8764278B69A2.jpeg

Asterisck, Blasted tiny phone! I had to look for a second before I saw the opener on the end of the spatula. Nice work.

Pnut (Mike)

I almost forgot, welcome to IFI this is a great resource for anyone interested in blacksmithing. Nearly anything you want to know about blacksmithing is here. Good luck.

Edited by pnut