Show me your Bottle Openers!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, BillyBones said:

Happy New Year to you.

In the new year may your hand always be stretched in friendship and never in need.

Thank you Billy!  That’s a great sentiment.  For the 3rd and 4th days of the year my hand was mostly holding my head.  I’m getting too old for Hebridean Hogmanays and all the whisky that goes along with them.  :(

However I did manage to make a pair of scrolling tongs out of a bit of rusty donated steel bar.  I was fed up of snapping long nose pliers when curling my horns.  They are not pretty but work a treat. 

On 12/30/2019 at 3:17 AM, Conrad.blacksmithing said:

think these are my new favorite to forge

Conrad, I also am dealing with an addiction to forging horse heads.  Although mostly mine turn out looking like fish, yours are great.  I usually ruin mine by trying to add ears, after seeing yours and @littleblacksmiths I don’t think they need ears.

That means crazygoatlady is off the hook for giving me a way of happy horses with ears pointing forward. :D

Happy hammering!

8EDE1D7C-2DA1-40FE-97FB-6600B03AB97A.jpeg

On 1/4/2020 at 2:09 PM, MacLeod said:

That means crazygoatlady is off the hook for giving me a way of happy horses with ears pointing forward. 

Ah MacLeod my friend! I apologize for not getting back to you with that. But I'm glad you have found your way.

P.S. I hadn't come up with anything yet so it's a good thing you didn't need me anyway! 

• 2 weeks later...