I Forge Iron

Show me your Bottle Openers!

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any square edge in my house or shop works as a bottle opener for me.... but after a long night at work I ended up making a combination Mace/bottle opener for a guy..... seemed a little redundant... but was a good time and worked well!!

lost the pics on my crashed computer and he is on tour

Edited by CBrann
incomplete...

Here are a few bottle openers on some tools. It makes a nice end to hang your tools from.

I really like your style Brian. To follow suit I guess I'd better get started making tools with cup holders on them. :rolleyes:

Then again I already have one though I should probably make a bottle opener for it.

Frosty

13738.attach

13739.attach

Here is one that I made during my very first blacksmith course. So disregard the roughness of design. They are based on ones made by Jerry Culberson at Old Cedar Forge. It is supposed to be a dragon head.

I made a few similar openers years ago and have been thinking of doing more, now the shop is starting to be usable. The mod I want to try is a tight pineapple twist to simulate scales.

Frosty

Frosty,
That is one of coolest cup holders I have ever seen. Every shovel, rake and hoe really should come with one attached.
Billy

The downside would be that my wife would probably knock all my teeth out with it! ;) hmmm, really long straw comes to mind.

I started playing around with this a few weeks back. I'm wondering.. What are people using to size the hole? I started making an oval shaped drift to run through. But it is a long slot to punch. Are you guys forming them by eye? Drifting them round then shaping them? Inquiring minds want to know.

I shape mine by eye. I drift a hole big enough to fit over the tip of the horn on my anvil & go from there. You can make them in the traditional "D" shape, round or whatever suits your creative eye. It gets easier the more you make. Just have fun with it.

Mitch