• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was the first model  I ever owned when I got my first real rifle at eight years old. I was only allowed to have an air rifle of my own before that. Had to prove I was responsible. I have fond memories of that rifle. Take care of it. 

Pnut

I always wanted one of those.  It looks to be in very nice condition which is not always the case with .22s since most were used hard although it does look like the wood has been sanded and redone but still nice.  What is especially nice is that your loves mother brought this home for you.

A friend called me saying that he saw two shafts "big diameter" in his village junk yard. 3.20 m long, 120 mm diameter, estimate weight 280 kg per shaft. They come from a local plastic industry. 

WF1DzAz.jpg

Getting ready to cut the first shaft in half to take home, of course, do not forget PPE.

jYCtbP6.jpg

35 min cutting and ready to go home

eKddD4e.jpg

Edited by Mod30
Resize large photos

Coming home from delivering a puppy, I stopped at a kitchen supply store to get a couple of tubs to marinate the meat for a family get together. While there I found a couple butcher block brushes with the flat bristles for the same price as I found online without shipping, so I grabbed 2. Now to make the handles. I assume I should aim the screws to attach the handle in between the rows of holes that hold the bristles, correct? Or should I remove a few bristles and aim for the holes they were in? Or does it matter?

IMG_20200306_141025232.thumb.jpg.a2d99005c7427aabd7b0b6d2f82c7ccf.jpg

You can get handles for doors or gates at a reasonable price. I had planned to make a handle for one but the big box store price was better than time spent cutting shaping and sanding. Good deal on brushes and how did the family like the meat you marinated? 

Thank you.

11 hours ago, masonred said:

how did the family like the meat you marinated

Still marinating till this afternoon. Tri-tips marinated in the recipe I left in Vulcans grill (these are in the Mexican style marinade). Its the recipe everyone in the family uses so I know it will go over well. Leftovers go for sandwiches/tacos for the branding were doing tomorrow. Anything left over after branding will become beef curry, stew, stroganoff, or just smothered in a grainy mustard and pan fried depending on what we feel like that night.

Now thats a spring!!

D5E5025C-6FC2-4D08-B4A4-0B61161A93C2.jpeg.a2d8c716db2cbd1ab7298202c0396294.jpeg

1’ diameter, 3’ long, 1-3/16” thick. Local scrap yard, 80 pounds at .35 cent per pound. Couldn't say no

wonder what its from and what its made of.???  They cut up a lot of big equipment there including monster mining gear

CDC396CB-09C8-428F-99F3-70CADED78CF0.jpeg.c0bb067bec62f50740f999e39cf11a06.jpeg

Nice spring Pedro, looks like lots of useful steel in the 5160 range. Good score.

I have a dilemma though, a friend and I almost couldn't get this one in the back of our SUV a few years back and dropped it by the shop. I torched a piece off for iron in the hat at a club meeting, the host still has the piece. Nobody wants any and to be honest I don't know what I'm going to use it for. There's about 400lbs. laying there. It goes on beyond the edge of the pic. 

The wire is 2.25" dia. Coil dia is 12.675" and spring length is a bit over 40".

34435324_Mondospringo1.thumb.jpg.d3d10c84e8f64ce1516f4ebd52a5b913.jpg

Yeah yeah, I know hammers bottom tools etc. but holy moly nobody seems to need a hammer bad enough to try forging this puppy. I have some cut for power hammer dies but . . . ?

Oh, there's another one laying on the same empty lot we hurt ourselves getting this one from.

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty, you could hang it up as a chime, the higher carbon content should give it a nice ring. Much more pleasing to look at than a rr rail so the little lady might not be so opposed to it. It would get it out of the way while you figure out the kinks of that spring loaded anvil I'm sure you've been mulling over.

Lots of nice things following people home! 

Today my second daughter followed me home. In a car seat. :)

Adelyn. We rushed out to the hospital after I left work on thursday. Been "Prisoners" of the hospital till around noonish today.  Now we are trying to settle and forge weld a new born and an almost 2yo. into one happy family. Wish us luck, haha. We are doing our best. 

20200306_140430.thumb.jpg.cc24af16fa52ba6fa895a537b96e97c5.jpg

It does but add another 4 loops and I think it's wider. I think it's off a crusher or maybe shaker table from a gravel pit or gold mine. Still a track spring looks like a good possibility, there are some BIG dozers around here. 

Frosty The Lucky.

32 minutes ago, Daswulf said:

Now we are trying to settle and forge weld a new born and an almost 2yo. into one happy family.

Looking at that picture, no need to forge weld. They're already attracted like two magnets. :) 

Congratulations dude. Daughter's are special. I have three. Just make sure you have a dog house. You're outnumbered. :ph34r: 

Lol Randy, fore sure. Thank God I have heat in the shop if I need it. 

I took the week off work to see how we can "try" to start a routine. Ayana does seem to love her but a tough lil girl going into her terrible twos and an infant... oh boy. 

Thanks Rojo. They are pricey in ways. :rolleyes: 

Definately keepers. 

Daswulf

My wife is both tough and crazy. We had our three at home and she didn't want any drugs.  17  year old son 15 year old daughter and 11 year old son . My kids are one of my best projects Fortunately it seems like i am getting it right so far.   We have a happy family and good kids which all have a good work ethic. My eldest son graduated high school early and has become a very good welder. Hopefully you can instill some of your creativity and drive in you girls. Enjoy this project and do the best you can!