• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sale day at the industrial surplus place: a box of twenty 4x132 grinder belts (36 grit ceramic) that I plan to cut down to 2x90, some hammer handles, a blower, and a pipe vise, all for just under $60.

DAC8B194-9772-4B4F-93E1-1EC3319D8C11.jpeg

On the left, you can see the ends of the sticks I picked up from my supplier yesterday. 

Had to take our 2003 Vibe to the shop yesterday. While there they said they had some steel we might be able to use. Four pieces that were the safety latches on a drive on lift, that they replaced after 30 years of service. Don't know what they are made out of (need to test) but 9/16 thick by 18 inches long and 4 inches at the widest weighing 9 pounds 10 ounces each. I see some scarifiers for the tractor box blade from a couple at least.

100_2096.thumb.JPG.dcf9e991485e930b2159f7acb9a20e10.JPG

I have absolutely  no respect for H&R drivers.  Happened to me on night when I was living in my first garage apartment.  My car had to be parked on the curb.  Dude hit a parked car and disappeared.  The "Sherlock Holmes" in my couldn't let it go.  From the trash on the ground, I knew it was a blue vehicle and the left front headlight and signal light were crushed.  Got in my wife's car and drove all over our area of town and finally found a vehicle with that description at 3:00am.  Wrote down the license plate number, waited come out of the bar and followed the him home.  Now I had his address.  Called the police with all the information.  They told me they couldn't do anything without someone having seen the actual accident.  Got the guy's phone number the next day and called him.  Told him I'd have him in jail if he didn't agree to have my car repaired.  He had the gall to have an attorney call me to fight me over it.  I told him all the evidence I had and the fact I'd seen his client coming out of a bar at 3:30am, drunk as a skunk and he'd better repair my car.  (neighborhood bars stayed open late when "regulars" were on the stools back then)  I got a call from the guy the next day and he told me to get a quote for the repair and call him back.  I did, and he paid the bill.  I absolutely hate H&R drivers........................low lifes.  :angry:

Stone wheels wear down continually and you have to use the diamond bit to true them............which wears them down more.  2" belts don't wear down, they just wear out.  When they dull up, just replace them.  They always stay true to the wheel.  I've used both and prefer the second method.

Good job on the H&R drunk Chris! Ditto my feelings for H&Rs but drunk drivers hold a much lower place in my heart. I've lost too many friends to them to want to cut them any slack.

Good info RE surface grinders and belts. I don't have my eye on one but that tidbit of info does make one more attractive if the price is right.

Frosty The Lucky.

23 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Ditto my feelings for H&Rs but drunk drivers hold a much lower place in my heart.

I can relate. My sister was T boned by a drunk driver while riding her motorcycle and lost her leg. It's one of the most selfish and irresponsible things a person can do.

Pnut