• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

WHOA:o! I just sat back down and was wondering what everybody was talking about. I missed the announcement Das, Holy Moly HAPPY DAY big time!! Little ones only seem like they're welded, they tend to get sticky on them and share pretty regularly, they're not really welded. 

All the best to you and yours and thank you for the smiles.

Frosty The Lucky.

Das, Tell your newest family member welcome to the earth for me and give her a little cuddle for. Congrats. I remember when my boy was little. Good times. He has kids of his own now. Seems like only yesterday he was riding around on my back. Enjoy them while they're little. It doesn't last long enough. 

Pnut

Old Crew, great job! We considered home birth and we wanted it but they really put out a lot of things to get moms worried and she did start worrying so off to the hospital we went. 

As many can attest here, trade jobs are underpromoted and many pay well. I couldn't even guess yet what mine would choose to do but I sure have a Lot to teach them. 

CGL, it was always nice when you could hand them backafter a while or when they need changed, but I wouldn't give up the lack of sleep and tantrums for the world. Little ones are so precious. They do grow up quick. Seems like yesterday Ayana was like the tiny one we just brought home. 

Thanks all. I'm beyond thankful in my heart. 

First morning all together and it's all going well. :)

Das, congratulations!! You have two lovely daughters and it looks like big sis is going to be a lot of help and will watch over her like a hawk. There are many happy days in your future. My girls are 38&30, both watch over each other and will do anything for the other, yours will do the same. 

Thanks Les. I am sure they will. So far Ayana has been absolutely great with lil sis. 

We have also been blessed with many hand me downs and new essentials so we really are fortunate. While the commissions and forge will have to wait a little, I'll be working on the most important things in my life, and that is family bonding time. 

20200308_154303.thumb.jpg.cf2b68920e5be2ef3cc2f1741d12c41a.jpg

Das, I showed the pictures of your beautiful girls to my wife and we both shed some tears talking about when our girls were young. The pictures brought back wonderful memories. You have your priorities in order, family comes first and everything else will come together. You’re customers will understand that you have more important things to take care of at the present moment and will be willing to wait for your work. 

Congratulations!   My youngest Daughter has 4 sons. I keep trying to give them hammers for birthday and Christmas presents and she just says NO!   I  don't think moving them all to Okinawa for several years was intended to stop me from giving them all anvils...

I was driving to town one day and I happened to notice what looked like an anvil sitting out by someone's shop. I drove back by, and sure enough it's an anvil on a stand. It looks like it's up against the wall and doesn't get used unless they move it. And there are no other immediate signs of a smithy. But it's always in the same spot. I can't tell from the distance but it looks to be a decent size. I've been contemplating seeing if it might follow me home. I've been thinking about seeing if it may be for sale. Should I just go up to the door and ask? Maybe take something I've made as a token of good will? I don't need one, but I see no harm in acquiring another one if the price is right!

Who knows what other goodies might be hidden away?    I once spotted a 5" postvise leaning against a decrepit shed/barn. I was test driving a car we were thinking of buying so my wife wouldn't let me stop until we bought it. I went back and bought the postvise and a 125# PW that was hiding in the barn *AND* made for a much happier holidays for the  owner in his 80's with little income to help him out.

Who knows what other goodies might be hidden away?    I once spotted a 5" postvise leaning against a decrepit shed/barn. I was test driving a car we were thinking of buying so my wife wouldn't let me stop until we bought it. I went back and bought the postvise and a 125# PW that was hiding in the barn *AND* made for a much happier holidays for the  owner in his 80's with little income to help him out.

Didn't need the anvil; but I later traded it as part of a deal for a 400+ pound Trenton---that I didn't need either; but it sure is handy as a place to put tools on!  (Fellow was tired of moving the 400#+ anvil from place to place but "might do some smithing sometime in the future"  so a 125# PW helped keep that fantasy alive while not being such a pain to move from house to house...)

I would be on my way there right now. I got my 136# Mousehole by asking an old farmer I knew if he knew where any anvils were, he said "when can you come by the house"? My Fisher was brought to me by a co-worker we call Sanford and Son when I asked him to keep an eye open for an anvil. Asking don't cost anything.

CGL, definitely ask before someone else does. If you saw it someone else might have too. 

Thanks Olfart, Les, Jim. Time does fly so I try to spent time every evening and weekends with my daughter. Now daughters. Still do have to get out, work and pay the bills tho. 

Thomas, surely not the reason. Where there is a will there is a way.  Hammers Are cheaper to ship tho. ;)

Well Das, I still don't want to annoy people who have a lot of friends on US military bases who WILL return to the states at some time...I'll just wait and be ready to load up the grandkids when they get back.

Do you remember my posts about how a good set of hearing protectors helps when you have a cranky baby on hand?  Sometimes they are going to cry, (teething, illness, etc), and a good set of hearing protectors will tone down the high frequencies that grate on a parents soul so you can maintain your equanimity while rocking a child late into the night.