I Forge Iron

Name the cat.

BillyBones

Ok so one of the barn cats had a litter of kittens. My wife decided that she wanted to bring one of them in. At least it was only one and not all 5. So we have been taking care of this kitten now for a couple weeks but have yet to come up with a name. So she has agreed to let me ask for suggestions. The cat is a male. My first suggestion was Harold but the wife dont like that. Nor does she like Catrick Stewart or Neil Catrick Harris.  We had a cat named David Catslehoff though, so... Anyway any thoughts and suggestions welcome. 

Here he is, i dont know why the pic made his eyebrows stand out like that. They are barely noticable.

image.thumb.jpeg.0b4140c02fe72f96407f98a8e6ea7790.jpeg

Good Morning,

Is that a 'Floofy' cat?

Sometimes a name for a critter comes from their act of Defiance. Yes, you can be nice to me and leave me all kinds vittles. In return, I will leave little tiny punctures in your skin. Yes, I might cuddle with you, when you have a Lap or are Sleeping. Maybe another time, I will attack you and then fall over and sleep. A cat can never be owned, but it may allow you to hang around, as long as you keep the treats coming! Sometimes they have a very loud 'Outboard Motor', sometimes it is the 'Electric Hum'. Depends on ..............

Neil

Onyx, Blackmon, Spook, Pepper, Salem, Familiar, Shadow, Axreal, Grimalkin, Midnight, Shade, Midnight, Umbra, Johnny (as in Johnny Cash, the man in black), Soot, Scale, Ferrous, Cold Iron, Anvil,  Obsidian, Inky, Darth, Mystery/Mystereo or Lucky (ironic for a black cat).

He is a cuttie.

GNM

The fur on an animal's brows lays at a different angle so it's common for it to catch the light differently. Our eyes compensate for minor differences so we don't notice but in a photo it really stands out.

One kitten out of five eh?  He's a natural "20%" and so is my suggestion. 

We almost always let the cat name itself, they're all individuals and will do something or look like . . . Letting the youngest child in the family name them can be entertaining. Many years ago I asked a neighbor's 4 YRO. Tickly Tail it was. An old coworker's little sister named their's "Swimmy Boots." My Parents liked telling everybody I'd named my first pet, a turtle, "Raspberry Frost," Of course just a month or two later I named the new cat, "Rocky," a wholly appropriate and normal cat name. My little Sister's first can name was, "Jacky," we didn't have a Jack Frost in the family so Jacky it was. Shannon has always been a natural with names and colors, she sifts through all the choices and thinking in seconds where I might spend a lot longer, especially if I let it name itself.

I love naming animals, thanks for bringing us in on it. :D

Frosty The Lucky.

Thanks y'all. Some great ideas. The wife is leaning towards Roscoe or Otis. I suggested Gomez or Pugsley as well. 

I usually name cats after some trait they have. Our barn cats are named thing like White Foot, has 1 white paw, Worrycat, looks like he is worried about something, Big Black cat, becuase he is a huge black cat, etc. 

Anyway keep them coming and i will let y'all know what we (she) decides on. 

I wasn't a Dukes of Hazard fan but like Otis, it's an excellent cat name. Almost as good as Gomez. If it turns out to be a mischievous stinker then, Thing fits the Adams Family theme.

Deb always named goat kids on a theme, I loved "theme" naming goat kids. 

This is bringing back memories, a school friend had a cat that liked to show it's affection by "gently" clawing you it's name was, "Cactus," it was a sweet can, never left a mark but it had a prickly pair. 

My school best friend had Su Ling who always ambushed anybody coming in the door from the top of the fridge. No scratch, just a paw thwap. Every single time you came in the door. Su Ling LOVED it when we were bringing in groceries or played jump in and out the door with her. She wasn't friendly though, wouldn't lay in anybody's lap or let you pet or scratch her. Funny but beloved cat.

Frosty The Lucky.

Cant forget about Fester as well. think i will bring that up tomorrow. 

My mom had 2 cats that were rescues after hurricane Katrina. One of them was a Russian Blue. She named him Fred after Prince Fedrick of some such place. The other was a female black long hair she named Mary after Queen Marry of some such  place. 

Don't forget Lurch and Wednesday. Could go with a Beverly Hillbillies theme, or maybe Gilligan's Island. Old TV programs are loaded with good cat names. How about Johnny Carson or Ed? One kidding season we name them after the local NBC news affiliate personalities. 

We had to let our old cat Damascus go a few months ago. I named her because she was a black white and gray tabby, random pattern Damascus. Her modification to her name was "Empress Damascus Bug's Bane." The rescue we adopted at the same time was an orange tabby we named, "Mokume Gato," Deb rehomed him with her Sister after my accident. Damascus got along with a friends pets and was a house guest till I came home. Mokume didn't so Deb's Sister took him where he got to raise a Labrador retriever and had access to a swimming pool. 

Our current cat is Qiviut after bison fiber because his coat is so soft you can't feel it unless you're looking. He's largely Maine Coon and a BIG boy but very wary. He's the one cat out of 3 litters Deb managed to tame down, live trap, spay / neuter, vaccinate and rehome from our barn. He just never settled down enough to rehome so he stayed here. 

Frosty The Lucky.