• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Daswulf

• Frosty

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

to be used against us in a court of law. 

I am so glad yall got that reference. 

Anyway out to check for damage after tornadoes ripping through here last night. I was actually between the 2 spots hit worst so i should be alright. No downed trees or anything but the wind was pretty bad and there is a gaping hole in the shop wall. So...

I (almost) finished a pair of flat-jaw tongs - blanks from Ken's - knocked together a couple of candleholders, continued shaping a set of fireplace tools, and got a knife/tool heat treated. For me, that's a pretty productive day and since I've averaged about four hours of forge time per month for the last two months, it felt good to get some things done.

20190528_191152.thumb.jpg.53101c7ac6fe990e6e5c928ca139d1bd.jpg

20190528_164959.thumb.jpg.ccccd6752dc49a953454e5ac429fbdc8.jpg

Made some pickup tongs for the first time, these were one heck of a challenge for me, but they work. Just not pretty. 

Also used some Ken's iron tong blanks to make something for small wire. Inadvertently ended up with small wolf jaws. 

20190528_144421.thumb.jpg.13516c8c29f47a140413fda57edaa142.jpg

7 hours ago, BillyBones said:

I am so glad yall got that reference

I worked setting up the stage and seating at an Arlo Guthrie concert in about 1993 in Covington KY. Got to eat dinner with him and the rest of the crew. It was at the ampitheatre in Devou park. 

Pnut (Mike)

Sorry to hear about the shop wall. At least it wasn't worse. A few places took a pretty hard hit.  Glad to hear you're safe.

Haha. Nope, and it was actually about two miles from the railroad tracks. You could see them from the overlook looking at the Cincinnati skyline though.

8 hours ago, JHCC said:

That’s a kaffiyeh, not my hair!

That's a shame. That would be a prize winning mullet.  Worthy of the king of mullets Mr. Billy Ray Cyrus himself.

Pnut (Mike)

I cut the stump down for my second Anvil. And then I had to try it out. It has WAY more rebound than the big chunk of mild steel I've been using for an Anvil!  I don't have a ball bearing to measure it with, but when I hold the hammer about 6 inches above the surface and let it fall it bounces almost all the way back to is starting point. So I had to try it out. I started forging a fork. BBAB7A36-0A97-4674-A512-67DE94C519EF.thumb.jpeg.e496d32cfe9ed34a3ec87d75b33b09ff.jpeg