I Forge Iron

Prayers for my Sister

ThomasPowers

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thomas:  You and your sister are in our prayers and thoughts.  There is a time for all of us to go home.  Very often the person leaving is the most at peace with it and those of us who are left are the ones most upset.  That was the way it was when my wife had to leave.  I figured that she had just gone on ahead to pick out a good camp site and the rest of us would be along shortly.

I am convinced that we will be with those who have left again.

George

We are all travelling on the same path; some are just walking faster than others.

I was planning to go make a final visit; again and again I was told NO!; by both people here and people there. They are in a bit of a Covid-19 hot spot being a suburb of Washington DC and both I and my wife are in high risk populations.  My Daughter, the Veterinarian, told me flat out I was NOT to fly out, even if I wore a cone...Driving out would probably not get me there while she was still lucid.  I did get to talk to her a short while on the phone; but she was not very coherent.  Talking with her really made the impact of the situation real to me.   I realized how blessed I am in that I have got to have and to hold all of my Grandkids; something she will never get to do.

We hope to be able to have a memorial service for her later in the summer at the old family burying grounds in Cedarville Arkansas.

I have only just come across this thread, Thomas, and am so saddened by what I have read. I can only imagine the pain you are experiencing right now, and I send prayers and good wishes to you and your family at this difficult time.

• 3 weeks later...

It is over; my Sister died yesterday. 

Due to Covid-19 restrictions we will try to hold a memorial service for her sometime in the future. 

My Mother is taking this pretty hard as this is the first of her children to pass.  I hope to spend time with her this weekend; but as I have some critical dental work, (multiple extractions of broken teeth),  coming up I have to meet the Dentists criteria for travel. (Trying to get this done before my job disappears with the insurance too.)

I am now the eldest of the siblings with the responsibilities for the rest and for taking care of our Mother.

Thomas

My heart and prayers go out to ýou. I'll be glad when this covid thing is done. I got to see my mother once in two months before she died because of it. Hopefully, these restrictions will relax and you can be more free to do what you need to do. Prayers going out for your mother also

It is a great burden for a parent to lose a child's life while they yet remain.  My Mother lost my Father just a couple of years ago now.

I am reminded of an apocryphal story set centuries ago about chinese merchant who became quite wealthy and thought to show off his wealth by hiring a renowned sage and calligrapher to do a blessing for his family that he could mount on the wall of his house on display to all.  So the sage comes in with his ink stone and brushes and sits and meditates a while and then dipping his brush in the ink,  inscribes in an excellent calligraphic hand: "Grandfather Dies, Man Dies, Son Dies" 

The Merchant is extremely upset and screams at the sage  "How can you call that a blessing on my family!" To which the sage calmly dips his brush in the ink, raises it and said "How would you like the order changed?"

You and yours have my prayers Thomas. Among all today's trials, another test. I'll pray for comfort and strength for your Mother and you. As well as peace and rest for your Sister. Her trials are done, all is well with her now. 

Be well brother, Love and Hugs, Jer 

Worse than ME? Can you imagine having a wise cracking punster guardian angel assigned to you? :o

Laughter is a good way to deal with grief and pain. Let me know if you need a hand. 

Frosty The Lucky.