I Forge Iron

Show me your blacksmith pets

Our rescue Harley was 6 when we gave him a home, it  took him 6 months to over come  his pain and fear and become a member of our family, his prior owners are still in prison for what they did to him and his litter mates, no animal should have to live through that, but he did and is 14 now, and is very happy on HIS couch.

over 60 live plants and 40 or so fish in this 75 gallon tank complete our menagerie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, DavidF said:

I have three dogs, one is a GSD. 

GSD? German Shepherd... D? Dachshund?? That would be an interesting combo!

BTW, that’s a nice looking furry friend you have there David. My father was a dog trainer and worked with law enforcement, as well as SAR, and service animal training. His favorite breed was German Shepherds. Very intelligent and loyal. His favorite dog was a wonderful German shepherd mix named Murphy. She looked a lot like your pal.

7 hours ago, Tubalcain2 said:

This is my Heeler. Best dog in the world. He usually comes home with possums and coons, but this time he had... half a bobcat?

I understand that Healers are very smart. Nice looking boy you have there!

13 hours ago, Hans Richter said:

Every time I ask him 'What are these girls doing in Amsterdam' he does that. Strange right?;)

Too funny Hans!!  :lol:

6 hours ago, JHCC said:

Left to right, that’s Michael, me, and Lola.  Lola likes the taste of coal dust. 

Lol, it looks like Michael and Lola love their dad! 

3 hours ago, BillyBones said:

Well here's my best friend Ziggy. He is just a mutt. 

It’s ok, we’re all a little biased when it comes to our dogs. They are truly our best friends. I’ve never met a human more loyal than my Coco. 

Ziggy looks like a great boy. How old is he?

Marc, labradoodle? 

Lol! That is the “official” name. But I know what you mean. It is like saying the “Bowie knife” knife or BKK! I have been around groups using the nomenclature and acronym for a couple of decades now, but I remember thinking it was odd when I first heard/saw it. 

Since we're showing out furry kids. 

This is Abby: rescue dog, service dog, therapy dog, furry angel.

5aa4b788f28da_Abby_headshot1.JPG.b49044138a86bf874135c4dd75048ec6.JPG

Abby doing her therapy magic on me in the hospital. There's a story about that, later maybe

5aa4b7b5ec87e_Abbyworkinginhospital.jpg.b8f78a2d0fee384a706a21d6be2c274c.jpg

This is Falki the only registered papered fancy schmancy dog I've ever owed Lovable pest.

5aa4b7a512d7e_Falki-smallheadshot.thumb.JPG.d86dd693229d9bb615bbe07a733f8190.JPG

The last shot is Baxter the "K9 Nose Work" Rock Star. It's one thing to know doxies are badger dogs but something else entirely to live with that level of crazy brave.

5aa4b74f985f9_Baxterrockingit7_2012.thumb.jpg.582a52ecb28a6fb095d3f5124f5cc425.jpg

Frosty The Lucky.

I'm not blacksmith but next summer I make a forge and gonna start. The dogs I've always had. Now I have long haired dachshund, working English cocker, Polish Tatra dog and 13,5 years old mix (Finnish hund x pointing dog x border collie?). I hunt with three dogs. My wife afraid of wolves and therefore she must have a Guardian.. First pic is few years old guard dog was puppy.

DSC_1462-1024x576.JPG

DSC_1938-1024x576.JPG

9 hours ago, Jouni said:

Polish Tatra dog

Great breed... we had a distant relative of his, a Great Pyrenees Komondor cross. No critters 2 or 4 legged dared cross his perimeter without permission. Sadly he passed over the rainbow bridge about ten years ago and we miss him still. His name was Dolittle.

5aa56fa61b5be_CopyofDoolittle.jpg.7e2b442a68bde34ea68e4cb84e84621d.jpg

We have 3 pets currently; down from a zillion and a half when the kids were still at home---I remember my youngest daughter stocking up on pets the year before she left for a college that didn't allow pets in the dorms and our older daughter became a Veterinarian---nough said....

Anyway when I got the job down here we split them up: My wife got Ember the delightful demon doggie----coal black nose to tail tip, dark eyes and all!  She was a rescue and had been abused by a man----this is your only warning!  And I got the cats as they are more tolerant of someone who works all the time and takes some weekends away from home. So: here are my supervisors resting in my Mastermyr Chest variation---hand forged nails, hand adzed wood, usw...; Morticia (tortoise) and Gomez (bronze medal winner in Olympic Fur Shedding!)

kittiesCrop.thumb.jpg.0f349957107386b893a62456a9899c5d.jpg

Our two Great Pyrenees Mtn. Dogs have passed and seeing as we no longer have goats or sheep we haven't gotten another. They really do need charges to guard or they're not very happy. 

The first pic is Buran and some of his African Pygmy goat kids, we have another pic of a couple kids nested in his fur on his side.

Buran_toy1.jpg.155fcd534929127bca1d3ee74d67949c.jpg

Below is Libby on goat rock with one of her pygmy kids. We rescued Libby from an idiot who discovered show quality Pyres tend to sell in the $1,300 + range some 10 years ago so they decided to breed Pyres. When they discovered they were utterly clueless and weren't going to make a dime they re-homed what they had left. When we visited to take a look Libby was chained to a fence without shelter well within reach of the kennel sire and the father of her second litter one of the pups from her first litter. It was obvious she'd been fighting and was in poor condition.

If you know livestock guardian dogs, you can gauge how her life was going from her reaction to being released from her chain. She ran directly to our car and got in. Through the side window! She would've gone with ANYBODY to escape. Deb called animal control as we pulled out of their yard. The rest of their Pyres were removed and they got nailed with some pretty severe fines. 

Rescue dogs Never forget and she was as wonderful a gentle giant as a person could dream for. Libby is the do that got Deb's attention when I tried killing myself with the tree. Saved my life, you betcha.

5aa61e394319d_Libby_goatkid5_09.JPG.cd528f46fbadfd2a7443e2c3312f7d69.JPG

We took another pyr, "Journey" from a church member as she couldn't keep her anymore. Unfortunately Journey had been abused by her old owner's son so she was very leery of men. I was having a hard time winning her trust and dogs LOVE me. We re-homed her with a professional dog trainer, coworker of Deb's. Journey has 12 fenced acres, some 30 sheep and something like 9 Australian Shepherds to live with. She's doing really well for her rough start. Journey below.

Journey_face2011b.JPG.8e315b5c13d1beb97b96aeff6f7e15ab.JPG

Man I miss our Pyrs. Frosty The Lucky.

22 hours ago, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

Sadly he passed over the rainbow bridge about ten years ago and we miss him still. His name was Dolittle.

So sad.. My four dogs passed over the rainbow bridge.. They are allways in my heart.

Hey Marc, I like your pet. Correct me if I'm wrong, it looks like a children's python. I think they have renamed them spotted pythons now. Nice little guy.

And here's my collie when she was a puppy:

puppy2.jpg

Michael and Lola are both rescues, from a great organization in Cleveland that does pit bull rescue only. Michael was a stray until he was a year or so old and ended up in a shelter that was going to euthanize him as "unadoptable". The rescue people got him first, and he spent a couple of years with one of their foster families before he came to us. He is extremely insecure and really, really needs to know ALL THE TIME that you love him and that everything's going to be okay.

Lola, on the other hand, was rescued when she was just a few weeks old, along with her six siblings, both parents, and a lot of other dogs out of a crack house. Having never known anything other than love and comfort, she is as emotionally secure as can be.