I Forge Iron

Show me your blacksmith pets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, HammerMonkey said:

Nice looking furry family there ShortMag.

Thanks! They can be a handful, but after 8 kids, they're actually pretty easy when you think about it.

9 minutes ago, ThomasPowers said:

They look eminently suitable for that job!

That they are... nothing gets past them. 

2 hours ago, Frosty said:

Nice pack, I love LGDs. No random guardian dog crosses in the neighborhood. Good dog dad, you get a cookie!

Frosty The Lucky.

LGDs are the best dogs. These pups have some huge paw prints to fill... their predecessor was an Anatolian Shepherd, without a doubt the best dog I've ever had... he was not only a guard dog but my daughter's service dog as well... he was her constant companion for about 11 years, saved her bacon more than one time. She has a form of MD that has progressed slowly, and he helped her walk before she became confined to her scooter.  He caught her when she fell a few times, and he'd let us know if she was in pain or sick even before it happened... he'd post himself in front of her door and wouldn't move until he knew she was ok.

We got the pups a while after he passed. They have their work cut out for them, but they're going to be great dogs. 

Anatolians are wonderful dogs, great personalities and more trainable then most LGD breeds. One of the better service breeds, especially as mobility  dogs. Bernese Mtn. dogs make terrific service dogs too, they socialize naturally and are a bit aloof if not slobbery friendly.

Deb's service dog, Abby is her mobility and drug alert dog. Abby doesn't let her forget a pill, does what she has to to let Deb know it's time and then sits there watching till she takes a pill. Very cool to watch. Deb is in much better shape physically and doesn't need her studded four paw drive cane so  much but Abby's never far from her. She was a shelter rescue, heaven sent I think.

If I had a daughter I'd give her a LGD and never let them be apart. Shackled together type ever apart. Date MY daughter and her dog, get fresh, go ahead. :angry:

There was a girl I dated in high school, her parents wouldn't let her date a boy till they met and talked to him. I knocked on the door on interview night and was greeted by a 90 lb. Rotweiler name of . . . DRATS! I don't recall his name, he was named after a Rotty in a Heinlein novel, "Waldo and Magic Inc." I think. He loved me in all slobbery body wag dog fashion.

Better still Tanya's parents were Sci Fi fans and I was driving my Corvette with the roof off to take her to a drive in movie. No hanky panky going on in an  open top Corvette with a very protective Rotty sharing the car. Her parents actually suggested the Rotty stay home.

We made a quick stop at my place and I put the roof back on, took all of maybe 5 minutes. BALDUR! That was his name BALDUR! I knew I'd remember when I wasn't writing about him, I often have to trick my brain that way.

Oh, in case you were wondering Baldur wasn't wrong about me, I was a good guy then too, Tanya was in zero danger we were a good couple for a too short time. Dogs know these things, if our dogs don't trust you we don't.

Frosty The Lucky.

Softcoated Wheaten Terrier.  She's an inside dog, got her paws blistered walking on hot pavement one day.  Now she loves shoes.  Go figure.  For that matter she likes clothes of all kinds, shirts, hats and she won't shake them off.  She's a hoot on Halloween with her witch's hat.

CAM00434.jpg

Sweet looking girl you have there. What's her name? We have a Dachshund and Deb made him a nicer wardrobe than I have. Dog booties are pretty common here, mushers especially use them.

Great suggestion John!

Frosty The Lucky.

She's getting an IFI shirt as soon as we get back from our trip.  Me too for that matter.  The dog's name is Holly Noel Kelly at the Vet.  We just call her Holly.  She was a Christmas gift.  Smart too, here she is playing Monopoly. No....she can't roll the dice herself.  

IMG_20130620_112958.thumb.jpg.b9daa6c155517a79b974c8d6e2c48228.jpg

My 2 cats, Pi and Brie.  great indoor buddies. 

Both are deathly afraid of vacum cleaners, let alone forging sounds

I do love dogs, had a faithful girl bella who passed on several years ago

still want a dog..

IMG_1302.jpg

IMG_1758.jpg

brie.png

They still look pretty young. If you give them a high place they can watch from but feel safe they'll get used to the vacuum. Ours won't move anymore unless it looks like you're going to vacuum her.

Frosty The Lucky.

They are 8 and 5 respectively, both are rescues.  I think they are locked in...

Especially the older one, hes absolutely petrified, we think he might have been abused with a loud machine like a vacum. He's got an unexplained kink in his tail at the end.  The other got hit by a car and got a broken pelvis as a kitten and she healed and we took her in

This is some of my zoo at a tipical dinner. George, Kosmo, "The Cockroach", Geannie and wife (the one with glasses).PETS3.thumb.JPG.792a492d489fc4d51fc2fd000bb161b4.JPG

All our cats are strays that just showed in our yard as starving kittens, and we didn't have the heart to ignore. PETS2.thumb.JPG.5141c99e1a1e10611222668b71ccbfd4.JPG

Geannie was the only cat we actualy wanted. The wife asked for "a ginger female" for her birthday. And we all know you should be careful with what you ask for. At first she was that bundle of joy in the picture, but quickly showed her true (and actual) color as a "she dog" (...).

The latest addition is "Giffa", which means scum or dirt (easy to see why). Unlike this picture, she IS kind and gentle.PETS1.thumb.JPG.964169063ef79f7de2d1cd01500e5bf6.JPG