I Forge Iron

Show me your Bottle Openers!

20 minutes ago, VaughnT said:

Good to see you, Mud.  With all your fine knife work and awesome calligraphy, I'll give you a pass on the smithing. :D

haha I REALLY miss it. my greatest sin, is leaving all my nice hammers hanging on a wall. 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a few more yesterday, left is for a rig hand that gave me a handful of the slip dies, the other 2 were an after thought. I made a spatula (kinda small), and a roasting fork out of nails... thought, hmmmmm.... gotta have a matching set and need somethin to open a beverage with...or market the nail to people who like to get hammered. Hahahaaa. now i gotta figure out how to make bbq tongs out of a nail.

1490019118090-100270595.jpg

5 hours ago, Morcy said:

This is the first National exchange of bottle openers.

I'm all about exchanging openers.  If you ever decide you need an American opener, shoot me a PM and we can trade.  I'd love to get a Spanish bottle opener!

An iron in the hat type event could be fun. That said, bottle openers could be a good project for it. It'll give a new guy a chance to practice something that they could then get feedback on from others in the community. We all know pictures are great but with hands on we could give better feedback. 

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here, just thought I'd make a silly suggestion. 

16 hours ago, Gergely said:

Hey, the dead wizard's head opener :) Nice!

Dead wizard''s HEAD opener? :o

Very nice bottle opener you have a good eye.

The other one ain't bad either. Sorry, sometimes I generate straight lines I can't resist.

Frosty The Lucky.

6 hours ago, JHCC said:

There are no straight lines in nature. That's why we have to create them ourselves.

No straight lines in nature? Don't pay much attention to nature do you? They're everywhere, evergreen forest and Rutile for two examples right off the top.

55 minutes ago, Gergely said:

I thought that could be misleading :D, but was too lazy to check Aspery's book for the correct name.

Glad you didn't Gergely it was a delicious straight line. I only had to point it out and I'll bet there are thousands of IFI folk wishing they had some mental floss.   

Frosty The Lucky.

5 hours ago, Frosty said:

No straight lines in nature? Don't pay much attention to nature do you? They're everywhere, evergreen forest and Rutile for two examples right off the top.

It's a truism in art and architecture that there are no absolutely straight lines in nature -- even the straightest pine trunk or rutile crystal edge will have some degree of curve or irregularity. What the human eye perceives as straight is actually something that merely approximates straightness. 

It's a truism that I've always found somewhat annoying and pedantic, but thought I could make use of it for the joke. Oh, well. Call it communist humor: it's only funny if everyone gets it.

Nothing special about your relativity is there? You have to change your expectations of reference to an Einsteinian "reference mollusk" to appreciate nature in a closer approximation of . . . . Reality. :lol::lol:  :lol:  :lol:     

A light ray does NOT bend, the space it travels through does as does our perceptions and ability to observe. Earth in it's orbit around the sun moves in as straight a line as it's possible to draw if you use the right straight edge. Honest, no foolin.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

only real suggestion I'd make would be to make the tab that lifts the cap off a little bigger, just so it can lift it [easier]. Have you tested it yet?

Littleblacksmith

21 minutes ago, littleblacksmith said:

only real suggestion I'd make would be to make the tab that lifts the cap off a little bigger, just so it can lift it [easier]. Have you tested it yet?

Littleblacksmith

I hadn't noticed it earlier but the picture makes it look like there's no tab to do the prying. It's there and it's been sufficiently tested on some Rocky Mountain spring water. 

image.jpeg

ok, looks good.

Littleblacksmith