• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:41 PM, Frosty said:

No.

Rabbits;  long eared rats that have enough meat on them to be worth raising for food and fur. . . . Mmmmmm, HASENPFEFFER!

Frosty The Lucky.

I'll take rabbit stew, but you can keep the vinegar. Understand why they do it though, rabbit can be tough.  It's really good in a gumbo.

9 minutes ago, Nobody Special said:

I'll take rabbit stew, but you can keep the vinegar. Understand why they do it though, rabbit can be tough.  It's really good in a gumbo.

Adolf meat tenderizer or a nice slow braise helps considerably. I like vinegar though. Gumbo Mmmmmm.

Frosty The Lucky.

54 minutes ago, Nobody Special said:

I'll take rabbit stew, but you can keep the vinegar. Understand why they do it though, rabbit can be tough. 

Acid denatures the protein causing it to unwind a little making it tender a little like heat from cooking. That's why I always add vinegar or some other acidic liquid to meat marinades. It adds more than flavor.

Pnut

One of my specialties is rabbit dumplings. Tastes great and is good if you are using an older rabbit.  Same with an older chicken. Younger rabbit is more tender and flavorful. I fry those like chicken and that's some good eating. Fills you up quicker than chicken also so makes it go a long way. 

Shouldn't folk be posting some rabbit recipes in Vulcan's Grill? I'm imagining rabbit dumplings with a piquant dipping sauce. Mmmmm.

I had really tasty results with a young cotton tail in the field once. I built a low fire and made a tee pee from branches over it to contain the smoke and basted it with a Pepsi Ketchup mix. 

I'm really fond of Newman's Own "Garlic and cheese" Italian dressing for a marinate but it can over power the subject so I dilute it some. 

Frosty The Lucky.

9 minutes ago, Chris The Curious said:

I'm going to have to think twice before I post any pictures of the things I make.

Thank you, Chris. I will exhibit less. But many photos at a time.:D

A couple more photos. Sent the fireplace screen to Galveston, the second week the customer is trying to install it. I usually do this job in half an hour. I'm trying to explain in my "English" how to do it.

icm_fullxfull.208593494_qlc3a2lhiyow8wcwogko.jpg

icm_fullxfull.208593496_2hcjsnabg0840sgcw8s8.jpg

DSCN5115.JPG

DSCN5142.JPG