I Forge Iron

Wife is BANNED from my anvil :-)

My wife and I are very crafty folk. We both have lots of hobbies we do separately and together. Lately she has taken to working and stamping metal jewelry which is awesome. She decided she wanted to use my small portable anvil I made out of 4" trucking pin. Great. However...it was getting her dirty when she moved it so...she made a sweater for it! She couldn't have cleaned it or worn gloves...she made it a sweater!!!!!! This is kind of like when her and my daughter braided my horses mane. His mane didn't need to be braided just like my anvil doesn't need a sweater! I guess I am going to have to make her her own anvil so mine doesn't have a sweater and then she can bedazzle it and dress it and whatever else she wants to do with it. Love ya hon! :-)

Cheers
Les

This reminds me of something my wife recently pulled.  She wanted to spray clear polyurethane on a project she was working on, so unbeknownst to me she used my anvil as a work bench to spray her work......the next day when I started forging I was wondering why I was getting a big puff of smoke off my anvil whenever I would lay hot metal on it.....

We had a calm talk about how my anvil is off limits unless she wants to learn how to forge :lol:

I'm going to have to start checking earlier, Jim beat me to it . . . AGAIN! anvil cozy is the first thing that came to my mind.

I don't have to worry about Deb knitting a cozy, sweater or anything for one of my anvils, she has her own.

Lesvoo: Would you please put me in contact with your wife? I sincerely wish to thank her for such a delightful bit of merriment.

Oh and I hereby open the bidding for a new online nick for you.

My bid is: "CozyLes."

Frosty The Lucky.

Good idea  hehe

Hold on, your wife is not only ok with your craft, but plays along in a complimentary way?  And has a sense of humor? What's wrong with that?  You now have a perfect opportunity to buy an anvil that is big enough for BOTH of you to use at the same time... win win.

Hold on, your wife is not only ok with your craft, but plays along in a complimentary way?  And has a sense of humor? What's wrong with that?  You now have a perfect opportunity to buy an anvil that is big enough for BOTH of you to use at the same time... win win.

There's nothing wrong with it...she just took great joy in fru fruing up my anvil. Although that wasn't her first thought. I'm not mad by any stretch...she just made it kinda...girly. She's already talking about bedazzling her own anvil now. I guess there is a project in my future! :-)