I Forge Iron

Touchmark/Makers Mark stamps?

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stick it in a search engine and see what you get.  If all the hits point to you it's great!

Not a single hit, although it does offer (as its top suggestion) the symbol for the Euro. Apparently, I'm going to do well in the Eurozone.

Thanks, folks!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Well, here it is, filed into the end of a hex wrench. I may try to deepen the interior bits a little more, but it looks pretty good when tested in a wad of damp paper.

IMG_20160309_151653796.jpg

Thus:

IMG_20160309_153641889_HDR.jpg

Think I should try to harden it?

2 hours ago, Forging Carver said:

Not a bad idea, using a hex key

Actually, the cute thing is that I did an electrolytic etch of the pattern onto the end of the hex key first. It was a great guide for the subsequent filing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi,

Here is my selfmade thingy. It wants to be an ironing icon as you can see it in the washing instructions of clothing. The reason for that is the name "Ujravasalo" which means re-ironer in Hungarian. It's supposed to be a pun as it means 1. the one who re-uses iron 2. the one who irons clothes again 3. the horse has turned into iron again.

Made of ~3/4" dia SDS chisel bit, hot punched and chiseled to shape. Applied mostly under powerhammer but sometimes by handhammer, too.

Bests:

Gergely

2016 03 ujravasalo beütő.jpg

2016 03 ujravasalo beütő teszt.jpg

• 5 months later...

So my shop is called King's Valley Forge and a good friend of mine made me up a really great logo. So after a couple years of project making i finally set aside enough money to have my own touch mark made. I converted the non text portion of the logo into a shaded image and had that turned into the stamp. Below is a picture of the stamp and of a piece stamped with it. Super excited to put this to work and finally mark the projects i have worked on and am proud of.

KVF - Touch Mark (1).JPG

KVF - Touch Mark (2).JPG

• 5 weeks later...

Works pretty well. I used an old cold chisel for mine, and I can say that the method works very well. You do need to be good at filing though

My touchmark is a tiny tree, fitting since I like in the Adirondacks. people who buy them are dirty cheaters

DSCF4110.JPG

DSCF4119.JPG

8 hours ago, Iron Poet said:

My touchmark is a tiny tree, fitting since I like in the Adirondacks.

Where in the Adirondacks?  I grew up just North of the Adirondacks in a small town called Lawrenceville, NY which is about halfway between Massena and Malone.

By the way touch mark turned out great