I Forge Iron

Most useful tool in your shop ?

Thanks!  would you believe it was headed for the metal dumpster?!  It had a broken foot on the swivel base, so I just cut out a half inch steel plate and mounted it directly to it.

I think you may be right about editing.  I think I've seen that on other forums.

Mine wasn't quite that good a deal, one of the guys at work's Father kept putting himself in the hospital working in his shop so the family cleaned it out. Sold my the Wilton for $40. On the up side there aren't any missing or broken parts I just bolted it down and put it to work. 

Frosty The Lucky.

It was the smallest "bullet" they made I believe and so may have been worth more to the collector.  Me I like the 165# size anvils for general shop work and now I have a backup; one PW and one HB!    I had one of my "minions" pick it up on one of his trips to CA; he dropped it off in my shop and didn't tell me about it. I walked in the next day and "Wow the Anvil Fairy Has Been Here!"  (The minions had a bet on how long it would take me to notice another anvil in the shop...)

Rojo, i am also guilty of that. Generally though i have a cold frosty one mowing grass, gardening, working on the house, cleaning the barn, sitting on the porch, sitting on the couch, and sometimes while i sleep i dream of having one. Basically anytime i am not at or getting ready for work. I do save the single malt Irish whiskey for down time though.

Rojo and BillyBones same here... I drink cans though, I'm not high class enough for the glass bottle pop tops although every now and then I get a hankering for some good stuff. 

Most useful tool in my shop would probably be my coal rake/poker I made. Use it for moving coke in the forge, digging clinkers, moving hot steel around, use the point to scribe metal, it will even scratch my back for me lol. I had to think about the question a bit before I realized I had my rake in my hands more than the steel, tongs, or a hammer. I guess that would make it my most useful tool. 

Second on the pocket tongs- I have two very small sets of tongs that are about 8inches in length. A small bolt jaw tong and a small flat jaw. Insanely useful for many things involving the coal forge. 

second would be a slightly softer 1.5lb ball pein with a mushroomed face for setting forge welds.

I'd have to say I've done an awful lot of work in my shop with my 4 1/2" angle grinder. Welder has also been a workhorse. 

Also hand tools like screw drivers, wrenches, ratchets and sockets. 

Another go to is the drill and drill bits.