• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Built a little garden thingy for neighbors. Wife painted. Not sure of its use. But she likes it. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also started on next project. Card holder for tattoo friend of mine 

this one is turning into more of a sculpture 

wants a card holder in shape of his hand holding old  tattoo gun. 

image.jpg

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_2076.JPG

IMG_2079.JPG

Well I managed to get my table saw operational again and I wired up a 1.5 hp electric motor for my old grinder vut found that I didn't have the right size pulley for the belt...dadgumit. But my wife is on her way to completeing her first project and I am almost done with my nail header. I tell you what fellas this blacksmithing stuff aint for the faint of heart but it sure is fun!

Well it is 9:30 am so figured I would get some work in before it got too hot, yeah right, fat chance.

It is already 90 in the shade and since my backyard forge is open on the west side the sun shines on me early in the day which takes the ambient up to stupid degrees. So after half an hour drawing out my first ever forge welded knife billet I gave in and headed indoors to cool off. It will actually be more comfortable out there later once the sun climbs and I have some shade to work in :rolleyes:

I've heard California was different!  Here in the rest of the USA the morning sun come in the *east* side and warms things up. I have my travel forge set up on my east facing front porch and am waiting for the sun to climb a bit too.  As we use a swamp cooler I'll open the front window onto the porch and close the others to let it push cool air out my way!

2 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

I've heard California was different!  Here in the rest of the USA the morning sun come in the *east* side and warms things up. I have my travel forge set up on my east facing front porch and am waiting for the sun to climb a bit too.  As we use a swamp cooler I'll open the front window onto the porch and close the others to let it push cool air out my way!

:lol: That will teach me to post before I have had enough coffee. I think the hot night cooked my brain :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Naw, typical California Thomas, heck their compasses point south half the time too. As far back as I remember, B&W days, a TV news cast showed as part of the intro footage, a weather vane and the cardinal letters stripped off to spell out NEWS. If you took them in order it spelled NESW and it was still that way when I left in '72. Might still. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Half a pot? :huh: My travel mug holds more than that. That's coffee in the IV and Tea on ice. A nice hot cup of green is always good of course. 

Where'd you get your Ambrosia recipe Thomas, none of mine have ANY tea in them let alone the main ingredient.

Frosty The Lucky.

Ye poets who pray on the Hellican brooke,

The nectar of Gods and the juice of the vine,

You say none can write well except they invoke

The friendly assistance of one of the Nine.

Here's liquor surpasses the streams of Parnassus

That nectar, Ambrosia, on which Gods regale

Experience will show it, naught makes a good poet

Like quantum sufficients of Nottingham Ale.