• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got a candle holder I've been working on for a while finished today. I see a lot that I could have done better but overall I'm happy with it- it was a learning experience to say the least

(I wanted to post a pic of the center wedge joint but I gave up fighting the site..."problem loading the file") 

IMG_20200518_203029_495.jpg

I'm personally not a fan of the spikes. I drilled through the center of the candle holders and plug welded them on with TIG. It wasn't my intention for it to necessarily look like scales, this is just the design I had in my head, and honestly this was a lot of work for my admittedly limited skills this far

Pretty darn cool. I really like that in employs many elements of basic blacksmithing techniques. From what I can see you did them all very well. Great job. By the way just because the techniques are basic does not mean the are easily mastered. 

No spikes to allow for electric candles!   (It is possible to make them bimodal by drilling and tapping a hole and have the spike be a bolt with the top ground into a taper that then can be screwed in on the top of the pan for pillar candles or underneath the pan for electric candles.)

What I did in the shop yesterday: I had the electrical CoOp guy out for the site visit to start getting power to my shop.  Looks like they will run a primary underground around 91' from the main line buried along the street and put a transformer on a pad near the shop; planning on 200 amp service.  Now if I can just pay for it all WHOOHOO!

I haven't had much time available to work at the forge in the last few weeks, but I was able to make the time to make my Mother some flowers for Mother's Day. This was my first try at them.

IMG_0546.jpg.f57e9faf5f9af1f8640eb43007a52e36.jpg

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2020 at 9:46 PM, George N. M. said:

This may be a problem of translation from Flemish or Walloon, which ever is your native tongue,

Hi George, actually German is my native tong :lol: But I also speak Dutch (and rudimental English B)) didn't mention de German word for scarab

46 minutes ago, SLAG said:

speak French 

Hi Dan, unfortunately only the listed languages. Am able to order a beer in Liége but now too old to pick up yet another foreign language. Fortunately, my beloved daughter understands enough French to act as an interpreter and support her dad, she is a few too modest to speak it every day. Meanwhile already had a lot of exhibitions in Wallonia, but then it is usually communicated in English that fortunately a lot of young Walloons speak. But how are you, unfortunately not heard from you for a long time. You all stay healthy, and always happy to see your 'crafty' comments passing by. Cheers, Hans

Not from today, from since 5-1 It's everything I've done so far. Not too bad for a guy with no experience and only about 25%  of remaining vision and hands and fingers all screwed up and not working very well. I've been disabled by 7 strokes.  Gave  me a ton of free time and cranked up the difficulty level . 

WIN_20200520_21_06_07_Pro.jpg