I Forge Iron

What did you do in the shop today?

10 hours ago, Potato-Demon said:

difficult for me to do much with limited tools and not much experience.

3 hours ago, Jasent said:

Don’t fall in to the trap of “I can’t do that cause I don’t have this”

Das, CGL, and Jasent, good words.

May I add, Mr. Spud, that when we have nothing to work with, the only thing holding us back is balanced in the scales of desire in one pan, and discouragement in the other. Let your passion for the craft burn within you. As an aspiring Blacksmith, you are a Problem Solver and an Innovator.  your desire for triumph vanquishes you fear of defeat. How bad do you want it?

https://www.iforgeiron.com/topic/52308-a-collection-of-improvised-anvils/

You may have already looked through Charles' thread, but how bad do you want to forge?

Robert Taylor

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These card holders have been selling well over the Christmas period. They take a while though - hard to keep up the supply. Heads are forged from 19mm x 8mm MS bar, bases are scrap offcuts from heavy beam:

DSC_1755 (2).JPG

DSC_1756 (2).JPG

11 hours ago, jlpservicesinc said:

Aus, what are they selling for price wise?   they are great.. 

Jennifer, as you would know, pricing work is always tricky. You want things to sell, but you know how long things like this take to make. I have found these card holders sell at $85. That's Australian dollars of course, which would be around about $60 in your money.

On 12/27/2019 at 12:57 PM, Dax Hewitt said:

All good fun though but a tad strange to see flames out of the corner of your eye then realise its your own face. (I would put a smiley emoticon here but my phone and this forum don't like doing that) 

Here you go. :o :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:!

Been there done that. I'm fortunate that as dry as my hair is it doesn't seem to be very flammable, it goes right out. I've lost patches but never much at once. I've seen hair go from long blond and beautiful to a dusting of ash in seconds though. So fast the gal didn't get burned and she looked pretty hot bald so it wasn't completely awful.

Frosty The Lucky.