• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks.  I don't think the picture does it justice.  I used a long spiral nail on it and I left the sides pretty much alone so that it gave it a nice texture.   I like using nails and bolts and stuff.   Soon as it dries off again I fully intend to go make more still. 

Your Chandelier is as magnificent as I've come to expect.

I love the "bicycles". I can envision them along sidewalks maybe shopping areas, parks, etc. I'm thinking they're great "street art" but they're versatile to go almost anywhere.

Thanks for showing us more eye candy.

Frosty The Lucky.

AH flower planter stands, perfect! I'll bet they're in high demand. 

The old fashioned high wheel bikes like the Penny Farthing would be perfect for climbing plants or the ones that hang in long strings of flowers.

Frosty The Lucky.

On 3/5/2019 at 2:17 AM, Mudman said:

haha thanks ausfire. That's definitely on the list of things to do. I'd like to find the sweet spot for cutting threads for bolts. 

I think you may find it in Practical Blacksmithing compiled by M.T. Richardson   vol. four chapter seven

Pnut( Mike)

Edited by pnut
wrong chapter

On 3/7/2019 at 7:57 PM, jlpservicesinc said:

That is where you can't stick it up ones nose right??? Well your own nose..   someone elses nose it might fit.. 

You can pick your friends and you can pick your nose, but you can’t pick your friend’s nose. 

JHCC,

I strongly suggest that you get your friend's prior written permission, before you pick his nose.

Care must be exercised in such matters.

SLAG.

p.s.  What about picking his brain?    Permission or not?

I have the curse of the running nose in the winters cold.. 

Sometimes when in the heat of the moment wrenching on a car the l cool runnings of the noses contents can get away from ones self  next thing I knew there was some other sleeve resolving the stray runner.. 

!!!! SHOCKING!!!!

12 hours ago, pnut said:

I think you may find it in Practical Blacksmithing compiled by M.T. Richardson   vol. four chapter seven

Pnut( Mike)

My favorite book of all time..  

Jlpservices, that's what I call a true friend. 

Pnut (Mike)

It's a great book. I have to give it back to the library along with New edge of the anvil. My local library only lets you renew a book four times before you have to give it back for a week. Then I will be checking them out again. They Sat there without being checked out since 2011. I'm going to ask if they are going to sell them when they have their   used book sale 

I have a a very well worn copy myself but also found it on PDF..  I love a hard copy of books.. Pdfs not so much.. 

I've attached Blacksmith craft.. This was my other besty book.. Between the 2 of them they were my go to..   

About the time I was 16 or 17 I had gone to a flea market and they were getting rid of a bunch of blacksmithing top tools..  IN PB they showed a top tool for wiffle tree clips.. In the sketch the tool looked huge..   Anyhow there was on on the table as a matched set.. This was the first time it dawned on my that tooling was not always so huge..  UP to this point I had thought blacksmithing tools were huge.. :) 

blacksmithscraft.pdf

Practical_Blacksmithing.pdf

Jlpservices, thanks for the links. What I've been doing until I can get a copy is using my table top photo studio and taking pictures of the pertinent info the way they document old manuscripts at the museum. I got the idea from a documentary about digitizing a manuscript of the Iliad.

My daughter said she wanted a necklace hanger, so I mulled it over and came up with the unit below. I think the design has promise, but I used 1/2" stock and it got a little more massive than is appropriate for a jewelry accessory. 3/8" would have been better. You could hang engine parts in this thing.

Zbsttf3.jpg

Nice tenons, Ted!  Yeah I'd say you're spot on about the proportions.

Finally finished the set of Ken's custom iron tongs that I've desperately needed to complete.  Having not made tongs before or doing riveting, there were a lot of firsts.  Took a lot longer than anticipated,  too :-/  my neophyte status definitely shows.  Splitting the bits on the bolt jaws took at least 4 heats, not sure if that's normal or not. 

20190310_191400.jpg