I Forge Iron

Words of Wisdom

Glenn

"Blacksmith's can make anything but money and fix anything except a broken heart"

a welser i knew had a busines card that read

"I CAN WELD ANYTHING BUT THE CRACK OF DAWN AND A BROKEN HEART"

MY MECHNAIC FRIEND HAD A QUOTE ON HIS BUSINESS CARD

" IF I CAN'T FIX IT IT AIN'T BROKE"

There are those people who can learn by hearing about the mistakes of others.
There are those people who can learn by watching the mistakes of others.
And then there are those people who just have to pee on an electric fence themselves....

I try to fit into the first two catagories....(why do I hear all my friends laughing suddenly?)

"If you push hard enough, It will fall over"......Firesign Theatre......taken to mean if you work hard enough for an objective, you'll obtain it.

The corollary that follows is "If you ignore it long enough, it will go away".....the problem is the "long enough" part

"Get it HOTTER!" - Dale Russell

"If you give someone your word then you KEEP it. If you tell someone you're going to do something then you DO it. A man who doesn't value his own word is NO kind of a MAN at all. So don't EVER give your word lightly " - My Father

Life is too short to spend any of it dead, injuried or in jail, and any combination of the three really sucks. Ptree AKA Jeff Reinhardt

"Cheap Tools is poor economy" James Donald Reinhardt 1924-1986

"Read, think read again and think again, most of whats written needs lots of thought" Hazel Fitzgerald Reinhardt 1886-1986

"Son, don't never hit a lady! But any woman who hits you first is fair game" Vivien Hoskins Reinhardt 1926-

Girls, Never slap a man 'cause you don't like what he said, but if he touches you, don't slap, make it really hurt, then run fast" Vivien Hoskins Reinhardt 1926-

"One test is worth a thousand expert opinions" Reile Test Machine Co.

“He who allows his day to pass by without practicing love, generosity, mercy and praising God is like a blacksmith's bellows: he breathes but does not live.”

an ancient Proverb I updated to remind myself of those things I must work on daily.
James

Edited by ironrosefarms

For those familiar with racing and the yesterday/Friday tragedy, please understand that my bumpersticker post was before announcement of Scott Kalitta's death. I truly believe that those of us who belt themselves into various motorized rockets, strip, oval, roadcourse,rallye- fear fire the most. I have been on fire twice in racecars- in both cases methanol, so things were burning before anyone sensed I was on fire( there is a universally recognized way a human moves when on fire) and I got out with localized second degree burns. Those suits are "fire retardant." It drives me crazy that I have two best quality $800 nomex/kevlar firesuits stored in a closet- both custom fit and good looking too. Both replaced a suit that was in a fire. Burns and two broken back injuries, torn up shoulders and hands beaten to death by wildly spinning steering wheels and I would get into a racecar at a moment's notice. The interviews done of fellow racers at the track confirm what I have written above. My bumper sticker is right- we don't usually acknowledge it so publicly until a loss like this occurs. My prayers for Scott and his family. On a light note- I could wear the suits while smithing, but the three layers would be mighty warm. I thank all who stayed with this post- for many it is difficult to understand why we do/did it. The second race of my life I was in my car about to be pushed off when the slow ambulance left the track with a deceased racer who just died in a turn two horrible crash. I look back and still can't figure out why I did not pop the lever on the 5 point harness and walk away. Mike Tobey #3J Sprint/ #13midget

A witty saying proves nothing. ---Voltaire

All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets. ---Voltaire

Behind every successful man stands a surprised mother-in-law. ---Voltaire

He was a great patriot, a humanitarian, a loyal friend; provided, of course, he really is dead. ---Voltaire

I have only ever made one prayer to God, a very short one: O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous. And God granted it. ---Voltaire

...if you couldn't tell, I'm a big fan of Voltaire. :)