I Forge Iron

Words of Wisdom

Glenn

Dodge If it was not in the last place you looked that would mean you continued to look for it after you found it. :)

Ya know, Dodge. I think yer right, now that I think about it!! LOL

My wife says I think too much! :D

My grandfather (Joseph L. Labrie) had many sayings, but a few I remember because, as Mr. Frost said, he told me 'till I was so sick of hearing it I never forgot':

If I ever got hurt doing something because I wasn't paying attention: "That's experience going in!"

If I was crying or protesting because it hurt when he was trying to remove a splinter with his pocket knife: "It hurt going in. It's going to hurt coming out."

When we all working together as a family: "Many hands make light work!"

A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects! --Robert Heinlein

More Robert A. Heinlein-isms;

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."

"Be wary of strong drink. It can make you shoot at tax collectors... and miss."

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

"Never insult anyone by accident."