I Forge Iron

Words of Wisdom

Glenn

Easy Scott, I believe a LOT of us agree with you. There are many versions of the axiom that say the same basic thing. My favorite is, "Dum vivimus  vivamus." While you live LIVE.

Buzz: I can concede your point as the dark side of the axiom. Unfortunately doing something guaranteed to be fatal is what some people faced with short term mortality choose, some for good, some for bad reasons. The quoted axioms are NOT about giving up.

There's a recent Tim McGraw song song the chorus goes like this. Search Tim McGraw, "Live like you were dying for a listen or the lyrics. The author wrote it as a tribute for his Father who lived it in his final days after finding out he had terminal cancer.

As we see every single day your life can end in the next second. A person who pays attention and does any introspection squeezes every bit out of every second they have. Unfortunately we rarely discover this truth until we find out we are dying, as in seeing the reaper's sythe coming.

Frosty The Lucky, Who knows from direct personal experience. One second you're doing whatever then it's switch off, not even the passage of time, just nothing, zippo, gone. "Dum Viviums Vivamus!"

The chorus of, "Live Like You Were Dyin." .

"I went skydiving
I went Rocky Mountain climbing
I went two point seven seconds on a bull named Fu Man Chu
And I loved deeper
And I spoke sweeter
And I gave forgiveness I'd been denyin' "
And he said, "Some day I hope you get the chance
To live like you were dyin' "

44 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Ask King Tut about that one

:rolleyes: Point an case,

he didn’t take it with him, it was still Settin there when they dug it up,

I wonder how many treasures from graves have ended up right back out in circulation?

Now there there ain’t gonna be no gold an jewels in my grave when I’m six feet under, so y’all don’t be diggin me back up!:P

Tut was laying right there with it when they dug him up.

Truth is it isn't what you can get, it's what you can keep. Tut's was the only empirical tomb that hadn't been looted.

If we don't get to them first, Scott. If I were to put money on it, I'd say Billy will be surrounded by the world's largest collection of broken lawnmowers. Electric ones if he's been B A D.

I'll probably be surrounded by stuff I can't find.

Frosty The Lucky

1 hour ago, Scott NC said:

You will be surrounded by forge blowers and post vises.  My advise is an unmarked grave

Nah!! 

i won’t have em buried with me…

I’ll find an obscure cave…

that’s miles an miles an miles away from the closest dirt road on top of a mountain across a river with No bridge way out In the boonies down some forgotten holler that can only be reached during certain times of the year, an even then only on foot, 

then I’ll hide my loot wayyy down in the cave to where ya would have to climb down on ropes, then fight your way past the rattlesnakes, and the bats that got fleas carrying the plague

then swim across a cave lake to an island, then survive a couple booby traps just to reach the a stone doorway that will only open if you are pure of heart an sane of mind… also you’ll need a special key….

an The only information to locate my treasure will be written on notes with riddles you’d have to solve to get the clue leading to the next location of the next riddle, an the riddles will be spread across the Country! 

make sure to pack a compass, a cutlass, a revolver, some rope, light weight camp gear, wear good boots, a rubber chicken, and bring a rain slicker,

Your team will need to have a virgin, a Zulu warrior, a old retired geologist, a sailor, a sharp shooter, a mountaineer and a sidekick that speaks Cherokee, 

happy treasure hunting! Enjoy your adventure!

one last note of warning!

them who disturbs my treasure will be cursed, haunted, and most likely break their pinky toe!

mahahahaha!:lol:

Actually I think that’s been done a few times by rich guys, 

I remember in the early 2000s a guy wrote a book about pirates and hid a bunch of clues leading to a buried treasure worth several million,

I’ve heard of others doin stuff like that for publicity stunts over the years,

talkin bout it makes me wanna put a bug in Elon and Jeff’s ear about what they could do with some of their pocket change!

Why would I want my stuff back?   I guess I'll have to visit you and tag *your* stuff!

Back from two long days at the State Fair; resting up for Quade-State packing. Did an intro course for a 13 year old I hope will show up here sometime.  He did better than a lot of the College kids!  I guess it was that he focused and remembered what he was told.  Didn't have so much stuff to "unlearn".