I Forge Iron

Christmas items 2018

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Das,

Very clever idea and well done.

But, the arms could present a hazard. A person,  (more likely a child),  could spear themselves on them.

Let me suggest several simple possible modifications, 

1)

put a small drop of solder or weld... on each end.

2)

Attach a small cap nut to each end. A contrasting color such as brass would look really snazzy.

3)

Some other idea.

A quick pass on a grinder to smooth out the threading would be yet another improvement.

Again,  a very clever idea.

Hope you sell many.

SLAG.

Nice idea with the copper scarf, Das. I reckon he could stand without the arms. The scarf almost looks like arms wrapping around him in an attitude of shivering.

Anyway, I like him. Simple is good.

Light weight S hooks for hanging ornaments? After Christmas they can be continue to be used as S hooks.

Ever hide things on the inside of the artificial trees so they will not be found until the tree is taken down and put away?  Great fun when they find a bottle opener or other item they overlooked before.

Some from last year, tree ornaments and a wreath hanger.

Wreath hanger can also be made with an extended top piece to fit over the door itself

The hanging s were made from welding rods that had got past their use by date and the coatings were damaged. Easily made and not a lot of heat required.

59363170_XMASbitswreathhangerandtreeornaments.JPG.c8a7fe9038a9eb16c7faa78a1bc26776.JPG

SLAG

Of course! It's just a list where everyone in the family is randomly assigned another family member to get a gift for. My mother-in- law has tasked me with making the adults something from the Texas branch of the family. I've always heard it called "Chinese Christmas" growing up. I'm not sure why:) 

That too. But in this instance, everyone knows who they are getting something from. It's kind of important to me this year because I went with my father in law up to Kansas about a month ago to his Grandmothers funeral. She was 105! Anyway, there had been long standing bad feelings and I never really met anyone from there. After finally meeting them for the first time, I'm really excited about being able to put a face to a name and make something with my own hands for them.

The net has a different take on that term as it has people being able to take the present someone else has...

Here at a Chinese owned factory in Mexico: I give my friends in management coal and they give me moon cakes and take selfies with me wearing my red shirt and "Santa" hat...

On 10/16/2018 at 9:54 PM, Cincinnatus said:

John - Really nice wreath hanger and ornaments.  I have never seen a hanger like that before.

Thanks, inspiration from somewhere on the net, not sure who, with my own spin on them, the snowflake and curlies were quickly snapped up, much to my surprise,

• 1 month later...