Frosty in the hospital (home Nov 09)

Glenn

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Facebook:

De Frost
Well, Frosty NOTICED the lap top today for the first time ... I explained the necessity and he understood - and wanted to know where HIS was. ;) He also said to please say "Hi" to all the "metal folk" that he was so AMAZED to hear were on Facebook checking in on his progress regularly. He now has me going thru my "friends" book, naming off all of you. It makes him smile. :)

Go Frosty!!
With Frosty improving by leaps and bounds, they are going to have to keep an eye on him.

Can you say “Bedpan Forge”?

18485.attach

Been away for a few during my working season only to come across this when I got back. Glad to hear Frosty is doing well, I have to admit its been a frustrating 22 pages of messages to go through! :) As someone who spent last November in the hospital, I'm sending you my best - nothing speeds recovery of the soul like passing through the entrance of a hospital into the parking lot. :) So here's praying you'll get that experience soon.

J

I took the time to write Frosty a letter this morning, and got it in the mail to him. I included a small gift in the letter, I figured if I was gonna spend this much time prayin for him and De, I could take the time to write somethin. I would ask any of the rest of you who feel even remotely challenged by this, to go ahead and match my effort, I can only imagine the frustration and anxiety he is going through, and our efforts may well keep him in a better mood, and thereby speed his healing, god bless Frosty and De!!

Divermike;
I think you have a very good idea.
I believe for Frosty to receive something in a tangible form such as a letter or a gift of some sort will truly exhibit that we are real people out here, and not just people typing on a computer from somewhere out in blacksmithing cyber space.

By taking a little extra effort and time to go the extra mile of sending him something that may brighten his day will indeed show him that we care. :)

I believe in what you have suggested because it indeed personalizes a persons care and interest in his recovery. I have already sent him something a couple of weeks ago.
Ted Throckmorton

From Gene Olson via email

Well folks,
I just had a pleasant surprise.
Jer near talked my ear off....

He sounded real good.

Bill He remembers surfacing a few weeks ago to the sound of an anvil. Half his memory and half the fact that all the nurses tell him he perked up. But he thanks you profusely. And Dann, he loved the onions bit, humor is great therapy . Liz, HUGS and thanks for the video of You Nick and the Kids.

He is in physical and mental therapy now, and seemed to be doing really well. There were only a couple times where he had to go searching for words. (I should be so lucky) Still there is a way to go, but the current tests they gave him puts it at less than a month. . . . to discharge. ( and here speaking of the medical system, he says that he can see the progress from one session to the next both physical and cognitive. He is in no hurry to leave figuring that the more they can do to stimulate him, the better off he'll be. )

He has regained memories of the accident up to the tree starting to crack on the felling cut. It was leaning pretty much along the edge of the drive and he had the notch cut to drop it a couple feet into the drive, had a rope on it and tension on the rope from the truck. It had just started to talk, and released the saw which he was pulling out as he withdrew . . . .
and 2 and a half day . . . NOOOO Jer 2 and a half WEEKS later-Deb. . . yeah 2 and a half weeks later I woke up in this hotel with terrible food.

He says thanks to everybody!!! All the sandboxers, and the forge folks, the iforgeiron folks and all the cards and all. They have really been a boost to his spirits. And thanks for all the prayers. We talked about his shop, the house and the dogs. About drawing out long tapers and how much he appreciated his power hammer. Reminisced about our experiences forging hot steel in high school shop.

Finally stopped talking when nature called and he handed the phone to Deb.

Thanks to you all! and Hugs from her too.

Gene