Frosty in the hospital (home Nov 09)

Glenn

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forwarding some comments De made on her facebook:

De Frost
They took Frosty back to surgery again today - this time to replace the feeding tube in his nose (which he just hates anyway) with a better one (safer and not as iritating) in his abdomen. It took a lot longer today than I had been told, so I've been on pins and needles.

De Frost Jer is back in his room and seems more comfortable for now. While doing the latest (small) procedure, they discovered that he had aspirated some of his liquid "nutritional drip" into his lungs sometime over the past few days (likely the reason for his labored breathing ). Bad news. :(

But at least they found it and are taking steps to avoid pneumonia. More prayers please! They have him on antibiotics again - and have put him back on all the monitors (breathing, heart rate, blood pressure, etc.). He is still in PCU, which is good. I like their level of attention and people per patient ratio overall better.

De Frost I talked to the head neurosurgeon today and he reassured me that there IS some improvement. The initial contusion is resolving slowly and he says the swelling IS subsiding ... it is going to happen slowly, over time. Up and down. Good days and bad.

De Frost They have begun bringing up the discussion of where Frosty will need to be transferred to ... next. St. Elias Hospital/Rehab is our "1st choice", I think. My sis Julie and I are going to drive over there (and the 2nd option as well) and check them out in person. The responsiblity for these decisions is heavy. Jer's FUTURE - how he lives it - could hinge on these rehab care choices.

De Frost Yes - it is definitely our first option if we can get him in there. 2nd choice isn't bad either though - they do have a good in-patient rehab facility at Providence Hospital. I'm not as comfortable with the 3rd choice, but am not going to "look for trouble" that may never happen. Enough for now.

Deb's sister Julie posted the latest installment on Facebook because Deb does not have Internet access where she is staying. Frosty is now at St Elias in a room across from the nurses' station. Julie said, "Thanks also to all of Jer's friends across the country for being there for them both!"

thanks for the update unicorn im glad to here they got there first choice i'm still send my prayers for a speedy recovery and can't waint for him to get back up and running i feel lost on here with out his posts :(

Orgtwister: Frosty has made a serious impact on an amazing number of people, myself included, by his consistent kindness and by being a good example of what we should strive to be. While it is painful to see bad things happen to others, it is especially heart-wrenching to see ill-fortune happen to those we have in our lives that consistently demonstrate goodness. :(

I trolled this up with face book. Wish I knew better how it works but there you go. I too was anxious for news on the big fellas progress.

De Frost | Facebook

I was concerned about privacy but this is public domain stuff. I haven't tried to contact deb or add anything to her page but at least I got an ieea of where Frosty is at currently.

Edited by Mick
Afterthought