I Forge Iron

Frosty in the hospital (home Nov 09)

Glenn

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Frosty,
I have been here only intermittantly, but have been praying more than daily. As have my children and my oldest daughter's school. We are all so glad to have you back in the thick of things. Hug Deb for hanging with this all.
God Bless you all up North.

Good to see you back Frosty I am glad to here you are recovering. I broke my skull 14 years ago and recovery was a long road. It does make you appreciate the things you have and how lucky you are to be on that road. A rehab hospital can be a very scarey place. The next year will be a balancing act of pushing yourself hard but not overdoing it. Contact me if you want to talk to another head injury case.

Thanks everybody, it's more than good to be well on the road to a full revovery. I missed you all more than I can say.

John: I'm discovering too many people in the fully paid up lucky to be alive club. If you have any tips and pitfall experience from your recovery I'd be happy to hear about them. Fortunately so far I'm suffering very few of the possible bad effects from my traumatic brain injury. I have no memories after the split second before being attacked by the Great White . . . Birch but there are some interesting and amusing stories.

One of my most powerful tools in the fight is my sense of humor add that to an adamant intent to come away from this with every darned thing I had before and then some and I think I'll be okay. Without the dogs, one a white Great Pyreneese named Libby which Deb insists is our great white Bitch, Deb and an outstanding EMS service as remote as we are . . . Yeah, without everything being in my favor I wouldn't've survived another 15-20 mins in the driveway let alone be on the road to a full recovery.

Believe me Brothers I will NOT stop till I'm 110% back, a true to life, fur faced, fire breathing blacksmithing Alaskan woodsman.

You guys have played a large, heck, HUGE part and I thank you all.

Frosty

About time you were up and off your a--se Bloke :D
sorry I haven't been around to say so sooner, been out in the wilds. Well the outback anyway.
Leg pulling aside, I for one am genuinely glad your still kicking mate. You had me worried for a spell. Give my thanks to Deb and the dogs for everything they've done to make your recovery a speedy one and next time you decide to drop a tree drop the bugger somewhere you're not ;)

Frosty good to see your back and well and truly on the mend. My wife has been keeping me posted on your progress via Debs Facebook page,she seems like one heck of a women, I'd be keeping that one. I nearly had a similar accident a few years back felling a Eucalypt with a foot and a half diameter. it too, unbeknown to me had a rotten core and nearing the end of the cut it gave way suddenly and a 3 foot leg flew up and nearly clobbered me. I must say I haven't cut down a large tree since, it gives you a new found respect for them.

Once again welcome back

Ian Ross

Hi all,

De here (aka Deb Frost, snowgoose or Defrost, depending on where I'm writing) ... just wishing to add my own heartfelt thanks for ALL the thousands of prayers, good thoughts, supportive words, donations and just plain LOVE this list and its many members have shown since Frosty's encounter with the "Great White ... Birch" last September.

I fully believe that the prayers from this list were a big part of the reason Frosty is well on his way to a full recovery - and also a big part of the reason *I* (Frosty's wife, for those of you who don't know me yet) made it through those SCARY first two months without falling completely apart.

It was (still is) amazing ... and awe-inspiring ... to discover so many, many strangers (strangers to me, anyway) were actively praying for my husband - and for me. Trying to keep my sense of humor intact thru this crisis was sometimes a challenge. I want to thank you again for helping me find reasons to smile.

At times, especially during the first few weeks when I thought I'd never smile again - just checking my "De Frost" Facebook page often had me grinning over yet another of what I came to refer to as my "bunch of hairy-faced blacksmith angels". No offense meant towards the ladies among you! But it seemed for a while there that every time I opened my Facebook page, I had several new "Friend requests" and a remarkably large number of them were ... well, blacksmiths .

I have only been checking in here at IFI now and then when Frosty says there is a particularly funny or touching post - and am using (you may have noticed) the Yahoo account I opened for Frosty while he was still in the hospital and didn't have access to his own long-standing "Frosty" IFI presence.

I know Frosty has thanked you ... and is working hard now at just getting back to "normal" (hey, what is normal for Frosty, anyway? ). I just thought I should add my own thanks. You are good folk. All of you.

Hugs and love,
De Frost

• 2 weeks later...