I Forge Iron

Blacksmithing gems and pearls

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know a few apparantly "mentally slow" people that  are positive  D2 can not be forege welded .. I just smile and keep working... lol

I got one heck of an arguement going on one of my car web sites when I said spring steel could be welded and work properly after! Now the first thing I stated was at the cost of a new leaf it was not practical to do but that a vehicle spring could indeed be welded.

• 2 weeks later...

I got to use one of my favorites two weeks ago.

It went down like this.

"Man, your shed is a mess!....you know what they say, untidy shed - untidy mind."

I replied with " Ive been told your shed is mostly empty, what does that say about your mind!"

I like to see people jump in, take some initiative and have a go. If you are around me you will hear these a fair bit,

What are you waiting for, a gold plated invitation from the queen?

Seriously, what"s the worst that could happen?

No time like the present, today is as good-a day as any to make a start on it.

Oops, OK, I think we will have to call this one a practice piece, Sorry.

Get hold of that  will-ya, are your arms painted on?

Yep, you better cut out two blanks, just in case we get keen.

Have you been workin out? Yeah, my teeth rattled on that last swing. Is that?  GASP... a muscle? No, perhaps it was just a shadow. He he... yeah, give it another smack with the hammer ....Arnie!

Quick, Get a photo of that before I stuff it up....again

Well that didn't work did it!.... Ideas?.... Anybody?

Is it lunchtime already? we are only just starting to get the hang of this.

What do you reckon? worth a try, right? I mean, how hard could it be? Those clowns on YouTube seem to manage and we're at least half as intelligent as they are.

No, don't throw it in the scrap I think we can salvage that one.

No, I wont finish it for you, do it yourself. What did your last slave die of ? Not boredom that's for sure.

Gee that's looking nice! If I mark another one up and get it warmed up, you can get one more in before we knock off. (usual response is eye-rolling)

Looks like it's hot enough, Are you ready, where's your hammer? Oh... OK, Well where's my hammer then? cheers thanks, what would I do without you?... righto, here we go.

get your shoulder into it. THAT'S IT Now we're cooking with gas!

WOO-HOO!  SHOWTIME!

Come on, lets get on with it, we're not here to buy cattle (lots of standing around chatting happens at cattle sales FYI).

Yep, no doubt about it, that one has got ....um....character, I was kinda hoping for a matching pair though.

Earlier this year, my brother bought 3 pieces of 6" dia. x 1" thick 6061 to turn and mill: "One for you to scrap, one for production, and one spare."  I scrapped one, he scrapped one, and one made it through :wacko:

My saying, which I strive not to be the object of:  "My Intellect is no match for your Superstition".

Anachronist58 - I really love that : "my intellect is no match for your superstition"!

To give back a little: "Never consider yourself a priority for someone who has no options".- Anonymous

Boy howdy does that ever apply to the client begging for something right now because they burned all other bridges.