I Forge Iron

What did you do in the shop today?

Greetings Golfishunt,

Neet idea .  LOL You will need to forge another bracket to fit the other mounting hole in the grinder. You will find that the single mounting will loosen. I know you don’t have a welder so if you wish I will weld it for you . Or you can drill and rivet. 

Forge on and make beautiful things 

Jim

• Replies 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sir Thomas is correct, 1/4x1 strap screwed to the end of a scrap 2x4, the handle of the angle grinder through the strap. Mount in a convenient vise. Both hands free.

Impressive project Crew!

Jim, the handle was the only bolt I could find in my shop with the correct threads. Used it for quite a while without it loosening. Just call me Mr. Makeshift.

Dave

On 12/9/2019 at 2:11 PM, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

"Life is not only luck and chance". You made some good looking chances.;)

I agree with the good looking chances, but despite my very rusty french, I believe the translation is ... "Life is nothing but luck and chance" 

however ... je peux me tromper :)

I followed up the fab table clean up with making brackets from some road found  iron, mounted to the wall above head height, with a scaffold platform for the shelf, and got a bunch of 5 gallon buckets full of stuff off the floor.....this organizing bug is getting  to me. Working on a design for a vertical rack to hold Japanese naginata for a prospective client.