• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do love the winter time. Except for where i live. We do not really get the nice snow and icicles hanging abouts, you know the classic post card scene. We get cold and wet with usually just a little snow. Only worst place i have been was when i was in Bremerhaven Germany working on the docks in December. 

Anyway a couple days ago someone on a thread brought up mushrooming on tools so i thought i would put up a pic of the sledge that is in our shop at work. Complete with split handle wrapped with duct tape. 

20191203_155416.thumb.jpg.fd6e6f8683600b6a91230e91bad3db7d.jpg

Started converting a 24” x 28” dolly into a new base for my gas forge. Cut apart the 24” sides, flipped the long sides around, and welded everything back together at ~18” wide:

66E14958-829F-4912-B7A6-E272C9CDBCC9.jpeg

Together with the piece of pipe down the middle, this turns the side rails into a sort of chute for the bases of my propane tanks:

0C4BDDF8-6A43-437E-806B-88BAE1D40F32.jpeg

Next step: add verticals and a frame to support the deck from the old stand. 

Caught a fire pirate today. May be Long John Silver with the peg leg and all. Fitting being my screen name being Billy Bones i guess. 

20191205_183903.thumb.jpg.362bd1012ce6bd67b1d9fde8635e1740.jpg

Was making me a new coal rake. Took a half square piece about 10" long drew it out made a nice little rake, a twist, and went to bend the rake over. Got it hot, cooled off the business end and started to bend and a piece promptly broke off. 

20191205_184746.thumb.jpg.ef8ac19985c0a8fcf36c237e1fe9159f.jpg

So i straightened it back out, made it a little smaller, no bend, made me a basket for the handle, welded it on. Now just to forge it smooth and pretty it up. It is now a fire poker/digger/rakey thing.

20191205_192027.thumb.jpg.e9d7f237eb37b6eec47f7628d885dbcf.jpg

I'm thinking about getting some large-diameter flexible conduit to slip over the hose.

I'm also playing with some ideas for adding panels to the sides, which may go hand-in-hand with redesigning the top. I'm not super happy with it as it stands*, so this might be a good opportunity to make some changes.

* Get it? "Stands"!

Jasent, very nice. She will love them. I posted my work for today in Christmas items. I'm making quite a bit of things if I can for Christmas. Little short on cash this year, so I hope things I made will do. People seem to like receiving things I make, so hopefully they will this year also 

Excellent chisel!!

~~~

The flat tire turned out to be D.O.A. I picked up a giant, pyramid shaped rock with sharp edges.

With no spare tire, I replaced two matching rear tires and wheels on the truck from my old set. I kept the old set for just such a time as this. I ought to put a spare on the truck though. <_< The old wheels were 16.5", I switched to 16's with the new tires. Ordered a new tire just now. -_- This never would have happened with steel tires like the wagons used to have.