I Forge Iron

Show me your blacksmith pets

Yeah, our male dachshund Baxter is always excited for a ride but gets bored plowing snow really quickly. He still jumps at the door and runs for the truck but adopts an expression like Murphy's soon, then curls up and goes to sleep.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard news Billy, always. The only thing worse than losing a furry, feathery or scaly family member is not knowing the joy of sharing your life with them. I've been there many times and have always found a new furry family member.

I wish I could say something to ease the pain but the best I can do is help you be sad. How about holding an Iforge wake while you tell us about the good times you and Gerard had. 

I look forward to an introduction when we meet across the Rainbow Bridge.

Frosty The Lucky.

Dear Billy, I, too, am sorry to hear of Gerard's passing.  We get so much out of our relationship with furry folk but because we out live them there is deep sadness too.  But I am convinced that they will be waiting for us on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge.  And they will probably be asking what took us so long and did we bring treats and if not, why not.

"By hammer and hand all arts do stand."

Thanks for the kind words.

She hadnt done it in a long time but for a while if me and the old lady started messing around, not like that, just picking on each other, She would jump up and attack the wife. It was pretty funny. She was blind for about the last year but still managed to get around pretty well. It was only this past weekend she started getting bad. 

The wife is taking it much worse than i. This cat was from a litter that her old cat had. I will definitely tell her y'all send your sympathies.

• 1 month later...

Well, that did not take long. Here is the newest member of the clan. 42 cats in the barn and what does the wife do? Brings home a rescue. She brought him home about 2 weeks ago. He promptly found the basement and if it had not been for the cat food disappearing i would have thought he ran off. Well night before last e finelly decided he wanted to live up stairs. His name is Malone. 

IMG_20220108_124521.thumb.jpg.727136fb66e7f965aef23b91bfe129f5.jpg

This here is Annie. Heck of a story. 
Her mama is a stray that looks like Lassie but somehow purdier.
She was pregnant, then one day she wasn’t. 
My wife runs a recycling center in Monroe LA. The workers noticed the mama sneaking in and out but couldn’t figure out where she was going. They assumed, correctly I believe, that she’d snuck in and had her litter amongst the giant piles of recyclables stocked in the warehouse. They searched, but couldn’t find them. 
Then mama got hit by a car right in front of the warehouse by a speeding idiot. 
Thankfully it was only a couple days later they got a big order to fill, and as they were pulling stock they finally found the pups. There were only two. The rest were killed by rats. Annie has scars on her belly, near the base of her tail, on her chin and a couple other spots where she’d been attacked.
 One of the guys put them in a box and brought them to my wife and was crying his eyes out. There’d been seven pups, they think, and all were dead but these two. The whole crew are dog lovers. 
My wife brought them home with the intention of getting them adopted. I wasn’t working at the time, I was actually waiting for HR at my current company to finish whatever process they were doing before they could put me to work, so I was there at home keeping the pups clean and feeding them from one of my grandson’s bottles that had been left at my house. Took them to the vet to get checked out and get shots and a few stitches and I was nursing them back to health.

We found someone who wanted to adopt one and they picked Annie’s sister.
Then one day Annie attacked me. Her  eyes weren’t even opened yet, but one time I tried to pick her up to feed her and the little furball growled and latched onto my hand and shook. I decided I’d keep her. I’m glad I did.

She still rides to work with my wife every now and then to visit the fellas that found her. 

281582F1-0448-4E5F-BCBD-D492B8F97FC0.thumb.jpeg.e43722c673400da0fb8a6908308576ff.jpeg

Edited by SHC
Mispelling

What a story, good people helping animals.  We have rescued many cats/kittens.  Lost a couple to speeders on the road where we live.  I hate speeders, they are unsafe and have no respect or consideration for the safety of the property owners, their families and pets.

Good story, good on ya! I hope Annie's gotten over waking up, snapping and shaking:o

Nigerian Dwarf are milk goats but generally sweeties. They're herd animals and really need a companion or they get neurotic sometimes severely so. A wether and ewe is a good combo. 

Frosty The Lucky.

She has gotten past that. She’s just turned three this past December and is actually the most well behaved of our three dogs (we lost one to old age less than a year after Annie came to us). She has nightmares though, but I’m a light sleeper. I wake her up from hers and she wakes me up from mine, it’s a pretty good partnership. 

• 1 month later...

Standard Poodles are GREAT dogs, very smart and they don't shed.  Only issue is they do need to be trimmed.  Of course you don't have to go with the "stupid pom pom look"  they were originally bred as bird dogs and you can get a "field cut" for them. I grew up with a standard poodle; smartest dog I've ever owned!

How are we supposed to maintain a manly MAN blacksmith appearance while we're all going awwww, cute kitten? 

It looks to me, like it's expressing a little displeasure with it's staff for not cuddling, scratching or getting the feather toy as instructed. Poor little dear has some serious training to do.

Frosty The Lucky.