I Forge Iron

Show me your blacksmith pets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

It's your shoes Robert, they're kind of hypnotic. 

Not a blacksmith pet but would make a great one. I heard on the news tonight that there is an aggressive river otter living on Potter creek on the south end of Anchorage that is attacking dogs and hikers. It hasn't bitten anyone yet but is seriously inhospitable. If you've ever seen an otter up close you know why you do NOT want to mess with one.

Frosty The Lucky.

Lol yeah that’s about as happy as a 3 legged cat with one Ana half ears gets,

I rescued her about 6-7 years ago as a kitten, she had got caught up in a fan belt and it chewed off half an ear and shredded one of her legs,

we took her the shelter but the vet said there was no way to save the leg and it was gonna cost to much to amputate the leg

so all they would do is put her down if we turned her over to them,

so instead we shelled out the cash and paid to have the leg amputated,

when she healed up from that we got all her shots done an got her spayed, 

now she’s a grouchy couch cat by night and a wild apex predator by day,

Good deal Billy.  We are dog people (Sorry...) but when I was young there was an old neighbor hood stray and it was missing a leg and had an eye poked out.  Everybody in the area put out food and water for him.  Somehow he got the moniker of "Lenard".    He was the talk of the town for a while.  Small, small town.  "Have you seen Lenard lately?"  "I heard Lenard raising cane last night" etc....  I often wonder what happened to that cat..

I have to ask, was Dusty the one knocking those plants over in the background?   :ph34r:

Lol nah that wasn’t dusty, that was the three dogs…

jasper, the hyper Aussie, ratchet, the porch mut an diesel, the holy terrier 

they’re a pack of tornadoes an train wrecks everywhere they go! Lol

we got lots of different animules around here dogs, cats, goats, chickens, ducks ect… 

Saw the latest addition to the shop yesterday, a young black snake. Sorry no picture it is camera shy. I was working on fixing the Snapper's flat tire, when a spray can of paint jumped off the window sill.

Then this cute little black snake came down and lost itself in the junk on the work bench before I could get my phone out of my pocket. He/she was about as big around as my thumb and maybe 2 feet long. No wonder the mouse traps have not been set off in a while, must be a good mouser and well fed.

• 2 weeks later...

Those box turtles are all over the roads here...mating season.  The only saving grace to their survival is that when seen on the roads, they look like a rock, so most folks drive around them.  I saw one yesterday about the size of a golf ball...it must have great expectations.

On 5/27/2022 at 3:05 PM, ThomasPowers said:

Anachronist; remember that if they don't get fixed 6 cats will rapidly become more!

Babies are about 13 weeks, we have till 24 weeks.

Hoping to get mama in this week, because she is beginning to get a bit cranky with the kids.  The fountain is closed, but this is how they like to cozy up:

20220614_201841_capture.thumb.jpg.4209685c0e7c0932062e8a7bb8b864be.jpg

Robert Taylor

• 4 weeks later...