I Forge Iron

Show me your blacksmith pets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WWI Flying Ace Doggles, too cool!

We bought doggles for one of ours, she was constantly running through brush, sticks, thorns, etc. at full speed and we were concerned for her little bug eyed vision. Unfortunately she refused to wear doggles though she loved Halloween costumes. 

If I rode a motorcycle my dog would have aviator doggles, helmet and maybe even leathers. 

Frosty The Lucky.

Frosty! Yes! Their safety is often overlooked, I think. (Someone will correct me if I’m wrong).  I have often thought of cutting my pooch a leather jacket for the shop.  He is 4 now and I have been thinking a lot and trying to figure out when the transition happened of looking at my dog as an investment to now seeing him as a valued and treasured friend.  I grew up with dogs but never personally owned one (my wife might disagree with who owns who).  I am thankful for my furry friend. 

P.S.  petting your dog is great therapy in between heats, for you and them! 

Our current dogs don't spend time in the shop if I turn anything but lights on and I've never let one around if I'm arc welding. I've had dogs, cats, horses for a while and occasionally exotic pets. Mother didn't object to lizards but put her foot down HARD regarding an ant farm. Fish never lasted long, turtles did though. 

The consistent ones are dogs, I only went a short time without a dog when I was an exploration driller and spent better than 75% of my time in the field. Couldn't take a dog and I couldn't leave one alone or have friends sit, it just wouldn't be right for a dog. Right now we have a pair of dachshunds, just barely qualifying as standards at 15lbs. 

Baxter's 12 and mostly retired from dog sports though he still loves "K-9 Nose Work" he's no longer a serious competitor. He hangs with me pretty constantly. Nothing beats a dog to pick you up when you're feeling down and vis versa. 

I pity folks who don't or can't share their lives with a dog. 

Frosty The Lucky.

1970? I was 18yro occasional surfer driving a 62 Vette and taking care of a short string of horses. I didn't date anybody who wanted to go see the "Aristocats. I suppose I can find it on Youtube or similar. OR you could PM the image of butler, sidecar and chasing dog pack. 

Frosty The Lucky.

I'll let you know Scott, just as soon as Billy sends the link.

I'm watching "Tremors" o the SyFy channel right now and not doing any searching for little kid movies. I mean, seriously, blood gore, monsters, guns, explosions, crazy funny weirdness. What more could a boy want?

Frosty The Lucky.

The channel is the Disney channel yall!:rolleyes:

good grief sometimes I worry about y’all!

it won’t kill ya to watch a Disney movie once in awhile!

it Might even teach ya something! 

ive got a toddler in the house I’d like to keep him believing in Santa an the tooth fairy for a few more days before he learns how icky poo poo the real world is

that all will come soon enough…

I don’t mind watching those “kid” movies with him while he’s still interested,

besides they got a catchy song in that movie! “Everybody wants to be a Cat!” Lol

quit yer caterwauling an just watch the movie!

I'm not subscribing to the Disney channel to watch one movie. Maybe if I'm visiting someone with little kids. I've always enjoyed watching kids shows with kids and reading to them. I knew my neighbor's kids since before they were born, I worked with their Dad and subbed when he decided being a drunken logger was more important than his children. Anyway, that's about as close as I've come to raising kids, reinforcing and helping their single Mother. 

I'm with you on letting the kiddo be a kiddo as long as it lasts, the real world is for later. Just not so late Max is headed for college, okay?

Frosty The Lucky.

• 2 weeks later...

Somewhere Deb has pics of our dogs on Halloween, happily they don't mind dressing in costume. I still think we have the reindeer, Christmas party costume. It was always popular if not so much with the dogs.

Frosty The Lucky.

My sister loves all our dogs and actually throws them a little birthday party, though they are rescues and nobody knows how old they actually are or their birthdays no less.  These glasses flew out of a pinata at Gina's.  She's a good sport when it's family but I may pay for posting this photo....

1659202100022_compress41.jpg

• 3 weeks later...