I Forge Iron

Show me your blacksmith pets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's not lazy, she's conserving energy in case of emergency. It's a very Pyr behavior. Getting all excited when you come home is the Border Collie, a Pyr might get up and walk to the fence calmly. If you hadn't been gone very long it's more likely to look up and give it's tail a couple wags to say welcome home.

Katie sounds like a great dog.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 4 weeks later...

There has been a couple of blacksnakes visit, one at the woodpile and one at the resource center (scrap pile).  

The second snake was stretched out in the middle of the path. Reached down and touched it and nothing.  Touched it a second time and after a couple of strokes you could feel it jerk and then quickly take off under some scrap metal.  The snake was enjoying a sun bath in the middle of the path and was asleep when I woke it up.

• 3 weeks later...

Lol your welcome Frazer, I walked around the shop an saw him all splayed out on that anvil and I laughed an thought I’d make a joke about how cats mount their anvils 

but then since the weather has been so brutally hot the last few weeks I thought I’d make a joke about preheating the anvil instead lol 

Our cats sprawl, Damascus likes my leg on cool mornings and during our heat wave earlier this summer I found her sprawled on the wood stove once. The slate hearth under it is her regular cool down sprawl. I wish I'd gotten a pic of her on the stove.

If I'd had time getting a hand with a spatula in it in the pic would've been Purrfect.

I love cats and heck virtually every critter I've met. Dogs have masters. Cats have staff. 

I think it was Will Rogers who said, to paraphrase, "Everybody should have a dog to know what it's like to be god. They should also have a cat to prove they are NOT."

Frosty The Lucky. 

Yes, Damascus is a black and white tabby. The only pattern to her is reminding me I'm not getting her breakfast early enough. E V E R Y  M O R N I N G!

The orange tabby's name is Mokume Gatto. Deb rehomed Mo with her sister in beautiful downtown Burbank, Cal. after my accident where he lived happily with a swimming pool and a Labrador Retriever of his own. He crossed the Rainbow bridge a couple years ago. I blame the LA air.

Frosty The Lucky.

We have lots of animals, goats, chickens ducks, cats and dogs, but Personally I especially like our cats,

i had to put down our oldest cat back in the spring and it really bothered me for a long time this year…

now we have five pet house cats

and then a stray colony that lives in the shop, The population got out of hand this summer so now I’m working on adopting out the polydactyl kittens and I’m taking all the others to the vet to get fixed 

We had a sad looking white cat patched with grey and brown stop by one morning. We feed strays and usually they stick around. (Like an old stray cat retirement home lol) anyway i gave it some food and water and it was eating like it hadn't done so in a week. It was friendly enough to enjoy some petting.

Elizabeth saw it when she got home from taking our oldest to pre k, but it was gone when she brought our youngest outside to play. Haven't seen it since.   It was a cutie and i had hoped it would stick around for a bath at least. 

We added 4 bronze turkeys to the flock this year. I've been told by our  daughter that I'm not aloud to put one on the table for thanksgiving. *Sigh. 

"Do you really have a cat named “Damascus”? Or do you just call her that, even though her real name is “Pattern-Welded”?"

Wootz it to you John?

Our Daughter the Vet has been bugging us about getting the local feral cats spayed. (More expensive than neutering the toms; but more effective as it only takes 1 tom to father a lot of litters; but every female spayed is end of the line!)

I expect a lot of the cats running around outside here end up as roadkill, coyote fast food or hawk bait.

• 2 weeks later...