I Forge Iron

What did you do in the shop today?

Oh guards shmards. No just kidding. I have seen first hand what a cutting disc coming apart can do. A co-worker was using one on a surface grinder when it came apart. 15 stitches in his forehead. 

My dad taught me long ago : Do not fear the tool, respect the tool. Kind of like being gun shy. If your are scared of the gun that is when you dont get a firm grip, firmly set to the shoulder and end up bruised. 

But really if you are uneasy using an angle grinder ask your neighbor to do it for you while you watch. Ask him to put a grinding wheel on it and just touch the bar for a few seconds so you can see the spark pattern. You could even take the bar to him and explain what you are trying to see. Having another person do it can give another set of eyes also, not to mention free up your hands so that you can take some photos of the sparks. The pics will "freeze" them in time and i would think be able to match to pics of known materials better. 

Anyway, i spent the better part of the day studying the treasure of St. Ninians Isle. Pretty interesting. All silver, brooches, bowls, cross guards, sheath tips and 1 small knife. If anyone is interested in Celtic/Pictish art it really is quite stunning. 

Frosty would have got me if not for proof reading, i put studding instead of studying. That give a completely different meaning, farriers at least would have giggled...

• Replies 26.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, ThomasPowers said:

Make Frosty leave his Moose outside though!

This moose is in Tristan's front yard. . . Yes it's outside but I don't invite them inside . . . Whole.

I should've read the rest of the thread before submitting my snappy come back. 

It'll be good to talk face to face again Tristan, maybe share a beer. 

Frosty The Lucky.

117345902_MtnViewMoose..jpg.e581a6d3a8a6e5fdd6c480faab2d2e04.jpg