• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JHCC

• ThomasPowers

• Frosty

• Daswulf

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jennifer, you may not have designed the commission but you brought it to life, so praise well deserved. 

I'm only finally starting to get out there. Don't have much of a name out there yet. It'll be a slow go with limited time and not being savvy with all the social media stuff. 

Thanks Irondragon. Iwas never great musically. Ok enough to play my own riffs in a band for a little bit. 

Thomas, If they saw it, who knows. 

Das, that looks great. I'm sure once you start getting your name out there people will be lining up for your work.

BillyBones, nice work on the beanpoles, I'm going to have to steal that idea for the garden.

I had a scrap end off of a 1/2 inch square bar so I tried an octopus. Broke one of the legs off while bending them:(. Learned alot of what to do, and alot of what not to do.

IMG_20190328_135024471~2.jpg

IMG_20190328_142738448~2.jpg

Thanks everyone. It was about 5 inches when I started. I cut a # from one end half way through with a hacksaw to get 9 legs, broke the middle one off to get 8. Somethings I would've done different is I'd shape the head before I cut the legs. It didn't work trying to upset it without being able to get a solid hit. I'd also hot cut the middle leg to get kind of a beak. And I won't work the legs so cold that they break.

A squid is a great idea, there's plenty of material to peen into a mantle. I thought it would make a good spider too

Keep playing with the ideas. Its inspirational for sure. 

Finally finished a stinkbug I started atleast 2 years ago. For size refference the back is a spade shovel head. Still needs clearcoated which will darken it up a bit.

20190328_232508.thumb.jpg.34cf2609a8e87c96c0636905dbe663c7.jpg

20190328_232456.thumb.jpg.3e6e127b496bb203526506595534e87c.jpg

20190328_232420.thumb.jpg.0511e0f92f3e1e5b00c16a123c091980.jpg

20190328_232432.thumb.jpg.d34d49a1e40da9cef3c91d0062b4f12c.jpg

Haha, glad you like it. Personally, I dispise stinkbugs. I dont know if it's that they are interdimentional beings, and just appear places, or the smell if you annoy them, like they didn't annoy me first... :angry:

They are crazy and impressive to watch. I do swear, they are interdimentional tho. The just appear. 

Aus, I know these things well. We battle it out every fall when they try to invade my house and throughout the winter they pester me In my house. They have slowly been lesser and lesser since they invaded in large numbers years ago. 

Before these, the only ones I saw were few and far between in gardens, and they were green ones.

That's another excellent sculpture Das!  The pics don't show the scale very well, I never would've guessed it's made from a spade. Perfect garden art, it clicks on two fronts. I haven't smelled a stink bug since moving to Alaska but I remember the smelly things AND I've spent enough time with a shovel or spade in my hands to have my fill of that action too. 

I suppose you've already thought of it but it'd be really easy to hide a motion sensor and aerosol can of smellyness in it. Yes?

The possibilities are just too tempting. Thank you I might have to kill an old spade! :)

Frosty The Lucky.

He's getting a nice color to him. :) yes BLO would work. It will probably darken up a bit. 

He hasn't bit the mail delivery person yet has he? 

I'm Still trying to find a clearcoat that holds up well outside. My next attempt will be flattened automotive clearcoat because of the UV resistance.