Going Through a Rough Patch

Anachronist58

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, BIGGUNDOCTOR said:

I am a days drive,

Thanks for that. I will keep your offer in my tool kit. I need to go over the property today and see if I cannot catalogue the abatement details.

BGD, I get that. Working six nights a week for several years was NOT helpful.

The biggest challenge is keeping everything dry. So far I do not have a place to do THAT. Need to rent a large storage for that.

Will keep all up to date.

In the 60°'s F, and dry days and the black widows are quick once they warm up.

Never been late on my mortgage - my lender sold my paper to someone else. I will be publicly thanking them for their great customer service.

Robert and Sheila Taylor

On 1/27/2020 at 10:15 AM, ThomasPowers said:

Come on out!

Thank you Thomas, I can not get enough of New Mexico. Got People there too.

22 hours ago, BIGGUNDOCTOR said:

billboard vinyls.

Great tip Big Gun. That is indeed a tantalizing idea.

I actually have people putting their backs and brains into this project on site, not to mention all of the support from my IFI Family!

17 hours ago, Charles R. Stevens said:

where ever you set them they are in the wrong place.

We have a County Ordinance that severely limits the placement of those things, containers, as well, even out here in the sticks.

No spider bites, so far.

Robert and Sheila Taylor

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/28/2020 at 11:53 AM, Charles R. Stevens said:

and I have some pretty strong opinions on the subject (go figure)

I may come out in person to hear you out. Medical has recommended that I travel as an adjunct to my recovery.

But yes, we have found an agent, and will have to fail the first inspection in order to get the  "special" underwriter. It is strange beyond imagination, but can not be discussed on the open Forum. PM is just fine.

On 1/27/2020 at 10:15 AM, ThomasPowers said:

Come on out!

May happen sooner than you think - see above.

To Every Single Person who has replied to this thread: And to Every Single Person who has read this thread, and has in some way related - I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am continuing to struggle. But I am wiggling ferociously, and as the mud fills my gills, I see the rain is coming.

My disability insurance came through, and because of my previous high-wage jobs, it may as well be a king's ransom. We have been subsisting on much less, for nearly a year.

I still have a ways to go before I am whole, but I think that we are getting a leg up.

Robert and Sheila Taylor

Congratulations. I like hearing about victories over the SSDI office anytime someone deserving of their benefits actually get them. I see too many people who deserve their benefits be denied and others who are scam artists get approved after the first application.  

Glad you could successfully navigate their minefields. 

Pnut

• 3 weeks later...

WHEN IT RAINS, IT POURS.

Still smack in the middle of this property mess, and my eldest brother is getting ready to pass into the next world. Friends and Family have been banging our heads against the wall, trying to get him to control his diabetes.

Now he is in ICU, and I hate to say on an irreversible downward slide, but that is the reality of it. Was last conscious Friday afternoon.

Thanks all, bear with me if I do not reply promply to this thread - Family is on the watch for now.

Prayers, thoughts, and intentions appreciated.

Robert and Sheila Taylor

Robert,

Bad news.

But we are pulling for you to ride out that bad patch.

Marg and  I,  have added you,  et al. to our list of prayers and intentions.

Hang in there good guy. You have many friends,  here.

SLAG.