I Forge Iron

Sandy is in the hospital again

Charles R. Stevens

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A VERY Merry Christmas Charles!! Bringing Sandy home is a present to more than you, many of us feel blessed relief. My soul celebrates every victory over a demon, even small victories are victories and it feels good. 

Thank you for the big sloppy smile on my face this morning.

Frosty The Lucky.

Charles, always pulling for you guys. Glad she was home for Christmas. 

Many of us deal with struggles and it's good to know we are pulling for eachother even when we sometimes are not pulling for ourselves. The thought seems to help while we pull ourselves back and swim back up for air. 

Very sorry to hear John. Hope he is recieving the help he needs. 

Sorry John. It’s a hard thing. 

I can’t  say it’s the case here but we have a couple generations here that are chronically sleep deprived. I have heard that any one who text’s you at 3am is not your friend.

light pollution from street and yard lights, late night TV, gaming and chat all contribute, even the light from an LED clock is enough to disturb our sleep.

Sleep deprivation is one of the leading problems.

On my darker days I think that Sandy was better off unmedicated.

Diagnosis and treatment (CPAP and throat surgery) for obstructive sleep apnea saved both my life and my marriage. Didn't take away the anxiety and depression, but at least I wasn't walking around 3/4 asleep all the time. (As my neurologist put it, "with all the debilitation of three shots of whiskey and none of the fun.")

Great to hear Sandy's back; getting the meds working is more than a full time job---and then something changes.

My wife needs to go back onto a CPAP; but the ones they keep trying use HEATED air---which my wife can't tolerate and no matter how many times she tells them they can't seem to understand that SHE CAN'T TOLERATE IT.  And bill us for the aborted sleep study that lasted almost an hour...and COBRA refuses to pay for. Last time she had a unit she could tolerate it was great---except for the ice cold blast of air that blew onto me making my head hurt...