I Forge Iron

going in for a titanium hip

MotoMike

M. - M.,

All the best wishes for your up-coming surgical procedure.

Marg and I extend our prayers and intentions.

I trust that you will be feeling better when the ordeal is over.

And we look forward to your return to I.F.I.

SLAG.  and  Marg.

I'll pray for you MM.  I was supposed to have my hip done this month but have pushed it until next spring.  Everyone says you will wonder why you didn't get it done sooner.  Someone I know just got hers done on a Wednesday and felt good enough to go to the office and work on Friday.  She says she just can't believe she has no pain now.  I'm looking forward to having no pain in my hip, and I'll be thinking of you today and praying for a speedy recovery.

I'm going to try to see if my surgeon will give me the hip bone he cuts out so I can make a knife handle to keep out of my own bone.  There might be laws against that though.  Heck, it's my bone, I should be able to do what I want with it.  Probably go with a flint blade for this one and a metal blade for the second one if it needs doing some day.  I know a flintknapper that made a knife handle out of a certain reproductive purposed actual bone (hope I kept that G rated mods) out of a walrus and it was so funny to see people handling it and commenting about it and then he told them what it was made out of and they would just get this look on their face that was truly priceless.  I bet a get twice that when I tell them it's my actual hip bone :D

Back home Gents.  piloting the walker around like a champ.  turns out the appliance is cobalt chrome.  So no spare titanium around.  If you are interested this is the device.  Because this is a family site I will refrain from showing you the "long" and ugly incision on my rump.  

MC Hammer, that would never have occurred to me.  but this procedure only produced grindings, so no knife handle in the works.  If this on fails in 30 years, I can still get that procedure.  

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers they were a comfort. 

Mike

hip.jpg

Greetings Mike, 

Glad things went well.. A bit of advice, Don’t park your walker between your forge and your anvil .. They tend to get in the way.. You will be back at it very soon..  

Forge on and make beautiful things 

Jim

Mr. Mike.,

Wonderful news,

We are delighted that the procedure went well.

The charnley, prosthesis and procedure is one of the most common orthopedic surgical procedures done these days with a, generally,  good outcome

Marg and the SLAG.

Glad to hear it went well. They’ve got the hip replacement procedure down pretty good now adays. My dad has had 7 hip replacements, three on one side and four on the other, having the first one done in the late 70’s. He said that every time they’ve been better, last longer and the recovery time way shorter. 

I've never known anyone who had the hip surgery who wasn't GLAD they did it - the instant relief from pain was well worth the trouble.  Just spoke with a friend yesterday who had it done a few weeks back, she's walking around without so much as a cane, tickled pink she had it done.  Best wishes on your recovery, too.