I Forge Iron

Shop rebuild

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yeah, beats having to hire an operator and piece of equipment for sure. Still you haven't lived till you see the look on someone's face when they reach for their car keys and find a few night crawlers. Sometimes they even dance and yodel! :lol:

It's good to have friends.

Frosty The Lucky.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Haven’t posted in a while, pretty much smithing full time now. Added new belt sander and mega forge for giant inflations. 
hopefully another addition in the works. Also added giant spider outside door, just for fun. Will post pics of sander 

AB72E42F-9C59-4480-A9FD-CE60344074A5.jpeg

94C5ED1B-9882-4BAF-8B3D-5D955F60F9C9.jpeg

DAD9B174-6168-4D81-86C3-D123F4FDDB5A.jpeg

69F81FDE-D312-49C8-9A0F-408F013FCC58.jpeg

F8321D69-1E5B-4EB5-A6C9-B3DC57663066.jpeg

F9768A76-1600-43A3-A07A-3C236C10A48E.jpeg

Good grief man, are you breeding and raising T burners!? I'd like to see a pic of that baby running. 

Love your work, it's hard to get the scale without something suitable in the pics. You and the dragon fly or the distant shot of the giant spider on the shop. 

Thanks for the look see.

Frosty The Lucky.

Seems like smiths that tend to do Sculptural work with propane tend to have a bemouth of a forge tucked away somewhere. The one I heated my 2.5" sq  stock in you could hardly find it in there---he used a blown ribbon burner and heated it to welding temps to work.

I saw a forge at  NMABA meeting that had 14 burners on it for example.  Me, I'll dig a hole and make a ground forge when I need the extra room!

Thanks guys... the massive burner forge works far better than a ground for for inflating metal. 
I’ve tried it. 
Each burner has its own valve allowing me to isolate and zone in on shapes. 
this forge has strictly been used to inflate shapes larger than my small forged will handle. I’ve inflated shapes up to 46” x 46” without a hitch.