Shop rebuild

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking like a nice space 58er. 

I'd love to add even an overhang to my shop to keep and organize scrap/ stock but wouldn't know where to start. Well, I did build a chicken coop off the side but building an overhang off the end will take a little research to start. Could always evict the chickens haha.

And here I thought you were wanting to try the early Medieval process of taking a sword, filing it to filings, feed it to the birds, collect the poop and refine it back into metal. (Supposedly improved it; all I can think of would be an increase in phosphorus and nitrates---that are hardening elements---but also considered BAD ones nowadays...)

("The Sword in Anglo-Saxon England" H.R. Ellis Davidson and "A Book of Folk-Lore" Sabine Baring-Gould

Power and lighting 90%

i can see the light at the end of the tunnel......

no pun intended. Hopefully today start moving things back to their spots. 

Metal here tomorrow for roofing and siding 

EA8CF4C7-FA93-45C8-B59A-BC9A188414CE.jpeg

96F4F556-5327-4CDC-89E6-6B856DB91151.jpeg

I only see one problem with your new addition........................................two weeks after you move it, it will be too crowded and you'll need to add on to it.  :blink:  Been there-done that and know what it's like.  :D  But it sure looks good for now.  I know you're going to enjoy the new room and the efforts of your labor.

Feels good to be down to the fiddly bits eh? The whole project is beautiful and with all the work you put into it I am a little surprised your hammer doesn't have a metal flake candy color paint job. I painted mine my shop colors but my fashion sense is boring.

You've more than earned those big FAT grins. You betcha!

Frosty The Lucky.