I Forge Iron

Show me your blacksmith pets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

George I know I'm a bit late to this chunk of the thread, but you reminded me of something about my dad.  He served over there.  Two tours with about a year in between.  If I recall correctly he got back to the states in Mid to late 1970 so you might not have crossed paths.  He was in Intelligence, I don't know exactly what unit, but I wish I did.  I think he was a Captain at the time.  When he got back he made Major, Was stationed in DC for a few years,  and went to CGSC and then Fort Devens, but then he retired.  

Thank you for your service sir

Paul, if he is gone you may be able to access his service records through the VA.  I don't think we ever crossed paths.  We were all trying to do our best at a very difficult job in impossible circumstances.

GNM

Dad didn't talk too much about his time over there.  Most of what he did discuss was his time spent basically on a base and in a bunker.  I gather that he told my older brother more than he told me.  I was a baby and my brother is 12 years my senior, so he would have been at that age to ask questions.  I understand that he told my brother something that highlighted some of the dangers and mom overheard.  She was evidently kind of ticked that he hadn't told her

• 4 weeks later...

We adopted a Labrador retriever girl from the shelter.
Winter is not going to go away, 2 days ago green grass began to appear and now there is snow and frost again. 20 April.
Only dogs enjoy this weather.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg

Thank you Alex. Older dogs rarely have a chance once they hit the shelter, it can be a miserable frightened last couple weeks. I salute everybody who adopts older dogs and heck any shelter pet.

One of my best dogs ever, Bolo was at least 4 when I got him. He'd been handed around in a village up north and an old friend rescued him but couldn't get anyone to take him for good so I did. Bolo was so grateful to have a place more than a week he would do anything I asked. Great dog.

I got all carried away talking about gold panning in the other thread and forgot to say how much I'm looking forward to seeing more pics of the railing you just started in the stairwell.

Frosty The Lucky.