I Forge Iron

Show me your blacksmith pets

Rescue dogs NEVER forget, thanks for saving Dudely. Aussies are good gate keepers and make good team mates for LGDs, I have some pretty emotional memories of our Great Pyrenees mtn. dogs. I'm alive because Libby a rescue Pyr got Deb's attention when I was hit by a falling tree. I have a T shirt that says, "Who rescued who?" Rescues RULE!

Goats are my favorite livestock, Deb raised African Pygmies when we met and I miss the mischievous little stinkers. We never lost so much as a duckling to predators with Pyrs on duty. Shaun the Sheep. We rehomed our last sheep before I saw Shaun, too bad.

Good save Bart, a Lab, Setter cross hard not to be a friendly dog. I don't know anything about Swiss Shephard dogs but he's a beauty. Shephards are a working breed so he WANTS, needs to work. Dogs are an excellent way to prevent your property from walking off with strangers. 

4 hours ago, ADHD-forge said:

This one started following me around a couple of years ago,

I believe that's a sweet looking Lap Setter you have there, or should I say has YOU.

Frosty The Lucky.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jetta. Named after my sons favourite car. She lost her whiskers this morning by sniffing the fire.  I would call her daft but I got my best burn to date by taking a firm hold of a bar I was bending in the vice.  When does this kind of stupidity disappear in the journey to being a blacksmith?

97CA234B-B4FA-4872-B586-972F33AC27BB.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Our collie, Penny, is usually not far away from the smithy while I'm working there. With that much fur, she's wise enough to keep a safe distance from sparks!

DSC_1229.jpg

ausfire, she is a gorgeous girl. I had a smooth coat collie when I was little  he would herd everything that he was around , bugs, kids, ducks, goats if there was at least two of em he wanted em together. Collies are great dogs if you have the room and time. Without enough exercise for body and mind they can become troublesome. If you see one in a shelter that's probably why. Our collie would help feeding the other critters. And guard the chickens in the yard.

Give her a rub for me.

Pnut (Mike)

Yeah, Mike, she's good with the chooks and guinea fowl, but let a rabbit or bandicoot show up and it's game on. We have a few acres for her to run around and find things to herd up. She's as fast as a kangaroo too.

This is Cracker. His real name is Crackhead Jones, but my wife was caught off guard when the lady at the vet office asked his name on his first visit and she just blurted out "Cracker" and it stuck.  His mom is our toy poodle Kate and his dad is a chihuahua.

IMG_8804.thumb.JPG.d93d981d2b2f2d2f07c6f1287264ef15.JPG

I have to say I like Cracker for a name better than Crackhead Jones. Give your wife a big Frosty thumbs up. He's a random designer breed eh? Chihoodle? Or perhaps a Poohuahua? 

He looks like a character, give him a scratch for me please.

Frosty The Lucky.

I'll bet he is a handful and a charmer along with smart. How old is Cracker?

Our new guy Axle (the first post here) is a cross between a Patterdale Terrier and Chihuahua and is scary smart. The Vet says he's a Taco Terrier. I showed Cracker to my wife and she said he could be Axle's brother. Except for his markings. I'll see if I can find a picture. Here he is at 1 year old and his favorite thing to do holding a stick like a cigar.

100_2022.thumb.JPG.93b78850afe7be69337d2a6e2c761f26.JPG

On 5/9/2019 at 8:07 PM, Frosty said:

I have to say I like Cracker for a name better than Crackhead Jones.

No, he's an "oh crap" breed. We were visiting a friend and looked up and the deal was being made LOL  

On 5/9/2019 at 10:01 PM, Irondragon Forge & Clay said:

Our new guy Axle (the first post here) is a cross between a Patterdale Terrier and Chihuahua and is scary smart.

Cracker turned 4 on September 16th. 

17 hours ago, D Jones said:

No, he's an "oh crap" breed. We were visiting a friend and looked up and the deal was being made LOL 

At least you knew the dealers, heck even got to watch and you can relive the thrill of discovery. I've seen worse looking deals. 

Frosty The Lucky.

New pet showed up at the shop today. We said hello, how are you, and I checked his ID. He passed and was welcomed into the shop, well the scrap pile anyway.

image.png

image.png

Looks very much like a poisonous Copper Head in the markings. Copper Head snakes have slit, cat like eyes and two nose holes, one being a heat sensor or pit, as in pit viper.   But this fellow has round eyes and only one hose hole so for this area he is NOT poisonous. It will still get your heart started until you check his ID and decide for sure that he is a Corn Snake. 24 inches long. He is now the official shop greeter.   

Copperheads also have a spade shaped head. Not a definitive way to identify a poisonous snake but another indicator on the check list.

With frequent handling corn snakes become pretty agreeable.

Pnut (Mike)      

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cannon Cocker said:

No he doesn't bring home any other dogs.

Oh, Chaos is the dog. Hope you let the bunny go before it unfroze from fear. Rabies is a fast ugly way to go. 

Somewhere in one of the many boxes in the basement I have a picture of a gentleman feeding a red squirrel by hand. Oh it's so tame you can pet it," he says. Pic is of him trying to get the squirrel off his finger by swinging it around and screaming. Neither had much effect but the blood pumping from his finger top and bottom came out nicely. 

Chaos is part Pyr isn't he? They have a natural  talent for making friends with most anything. 

Frosty The Lucky.

It wasn't long after I sent my last post I remembered, I'm in a deeper brain fog than usual.

The reference to the bunny bringing dogs home is to "Sluggy Freelance", an old web comic one of the main characters was BunBun a Mini Lop rabbit who carried a switch blade and was an agent of Chaos. Not the Get Smart Chaos. Bun Bun appears in a number of John Ringo series. In one the good guys catapult Bun Bun onto an enemy warship and are shortly rewarded with screams, sailors in armor leaping off the ship and blood streaming from the scuppers.

Anyway, I suppose if Bun Bun were bringing dogs home they'd be for dinner. 

I love your dog, he's my kind of Chaos.

Frosty The Lucky.